DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission is to build the most trusted insights platform that fuels brand growth. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKR’s to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture, and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
As a member of the Engineering management team at DISQO, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, and building a highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn a concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable and innovative software.
As an Engineering Manager, you are a dynamic leader who drives an engineering team to new heights each and every day. You will work closely with Product Management and other technical leaders to stay ahead of the curve with our products and architecture. You will be responsible for Engineering craftsmanship and best practices on your team, drive improvements as-necessary and most importantly mentor engineers on your team to be just as awesome as you are.
What you will do:
- Drive a team of Software Engineers to build and deliver quality products to our customers
- Champion quality through test coverage and a balance of best practices and delivery
- Own the Agile process that consistently delivers a quality product to customers
- Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the business, and themselves
- Partner up with your team’s Product Manager in planning and defining acceptance criteria and testing strategies
- Leverage new or existing data to define key indicators to provide visibility into the quality of DISQO’s systemsMentor, coach, and assist team members to be productive and efficient contributors
- Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear and we’re instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery
- Work with our Technical Program Managers to navigate inter-team dependencies, identify critical paths and plan release trains
- Lead interviews to find the next great engineer or leader
What You Bring to the Table:
- 7+ years in software engineering with 2+ years of recent hands-on experience managing or leading software engineering teams, with knowledge of technologies/languages in PHP, Java, Go, AWS, Docker, Go, React.js, etc
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, design patterns, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures, process creation, and enablement
- Experience with building, maintaining, and scaling high-traffic customer-facing applications
- Established track record of being the go-to person for your teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions to ensure you’re always in the loop and your teams always have what they need to be successful
- Experience optimizing software delivery through the use of metrics to ensure your team is always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate details about the technical practices in software engineering in a way that makes sense and resonates with our customers and other departments in the business
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing the downstream effect on performance and morale
Nice to haves:
- A unique experience in microservice architectures, real-time or massively distributed systems, big data, analytics or AI, or public cloud/PaaS systems like AWS
- Demonstrated above-average communication skills to the point where we feel that not only can you talk to engineers, but to the CEO, our customers, and everyone in between
- Successful experience leading measurable and, preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices and execution of software teams and that you have the passion and drive to do it again
- Problem-solving skills; show that you are a person who, not only solves problems but anticipates them, and moves quickly to provide solutions without needing to be asked
- Shared stories about your leadership and how you got your teams to not only believe they could achieve more than they thought possible, but they actually did it
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.