Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
We build Calm’s product, guide Calm’s analysis, secure Calm’s data, and operate the platforms that underpin it all. We’re product-minded, team-oriented, and grounded in the mission of making the world a happier and healthier place. We work closely with every part of Calm from Legal to Customer Experience, and partner on every initiative from content launches to B2B.
What You’ll Do:
- Growth mindset: receives feedback easily and incorporates it quickly
- Proactive executor: thoughtful in approach and decisive in decisions
- Pragmatic: balance scrappiness and rigor
- Ability to attract, manage and develop strong engineers
- Organized and great technical communicator.
- Strong product and architectural instincts
- At least 5 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Have experience defining the role and scope of a platform team in a rapidly growing company.
- Ability to influence wider organization on initiatives and collaborate.
Who You Are:
- Managing and leading a senior team of engineers (staff & senior) to tackle Calm high impact initiatives.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and help navigate execution on our technical strategies.
- Collaborate with product pods in brainstorming, prioritization, collaboration and rollout of projects.
- Have a pulse on wider engineering team needs, and keep the platform team connected.
- Hands-on contributions when necessary.
- Coaching, mentoring and guiding the platform team as their people manager.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
Nice to have:
- DevOps experience
- Product engineering experience (direct to consumer or B2B)
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.