We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team. You will manage and mentor a small team of engineers, own software deliverables for a critical piece of our work to protect user safety, design and build systems at scale, and create a productive work environment for your team.
What does this mean more concretely? You'll work with a small team of engineers who build both the front and back end of web applications that are used to protect user safety and privacy, and empower our teammates to fix issues when things don't go as planned. You and your team will work with product managers, data scientists, and designers to design and deliver systems with a focus on reducing harassment, violence, bias, and scams, and ensuring that users who are looking for love and commitment are able to do so safely. In the process of this, you'll guide and mentor engineers with a wide variety of backgrounds as they develop both technical and leadership skills.
You'll also have the opportunity to participate in a company that values honest feedback and empathy, and that seeks to support and develop team members of all backgrounds and abilities
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for your team. You can expect to spend time writing code, architecting applications, and guiding your team as they do so as well.
- Manage, coach, unblock, and facilitate the growth of a team of full stack engineers.
- Partner with business and engineering leaders to prioritize feature development and engineering investment.
- Improve processes and technical abstractions to increase team productivity.
- Stay current on engineering best practices to guide team strategy.
What We're Looking For
- You have experience in software development building APIs, including leading design and delivery of multiple large-scale distributed applications, preferably with both front end and back end components.
- You have experience managing engineers, or experience leading teams of engineers and a strong desire to build managerial skills.
- You have worked with and have deep knowledge of at least one message or event based technology (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, SQS, etc.)
- You can facilitate technical decision-making even in domains where you are not the expert.
- You are passionate about building a team culture that focuses on fun, performance, scalability, and security.
- You are constantly learning and re-evaluating previous assumptions.
- You value repeatability, resilience, observability, and operational simplicity.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.