Engineering Manager, Full Stack at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
Meraki is making IT easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works. Our full stack teams build and maintain features, frameworks, and tools to craft an excellent user experience in Meraki’s Dashboard. We operate across Meraki’s entire product line, from firewalls, switches, and wireless routers to security cameras and application analytics. Dashboard drastically simplifies the process of deploying and configuring distributed networks, enabling customers to debug networking issues in real time from anywhere. Its rich data visualizations help users detect trends in network traffic and foot traffic alike. Meraki Engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are problem solvers.
In this role you will lead a 6-8 person team of extremely talented software engineers. You will provide architectural leadership, review designs, and prioritize the growth and development of your team members. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing an encouraging environment to enable the team to do their best work. You will enable a highly productive relationship among product management, design, and engineering. You have a relentless focus on user experience — you care that your team is building the features that will have the biggest impact on Meraki’s users.Example projects as an Engineering Manager:
- Holding regular one-on-ones with your team, ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning.
- Planning and tracking timelines for your team, ensuring efficient execution and communicating to relevant partners when things change.
- Working with our recruiters on targeted hiring efforts to make sure your team can meet the needs of the business.
- Working with senior engineers on your team to determine the direction of Dashboard’s API. Growing it to enable large customers to take advantage of Meraki features at an enormous scale, locally and globally.
- Working alongside Product Management to craft a feature development strategy that caters to Meraki’s largest customers, Service Providers, while maintaining Dashboard’s core simplicity.
- Leading the team to develop a framework that ensures Dashboard works well in multiple languages. The challenge is maintaining high quality translations through the use of automation and developer tools so that ongoing developer involvement is minimal.
- Are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. Ideally, you have led teams of more than three people and are looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and lead a larger team.
- Have 5+ years of experience building systems that maintain a balance between time to market, usability, and incurring appropriate technical debt.
- Have experience writing code for large-scale production environments.
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand the business necessity of schedules, estimates, and deadlines.
- Have experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or Angular, and modern web frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django.
- Mentoring individuals at different stages of their career
- Networking technologies
- Working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams
- Data analytics systems
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.