Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products.
- Get to know people - your direct team of Backend Engineers as well as the rest of the Engineering organization, Product, and Design.
- Join team stand-ups, sprint planning, grooming, and more in order to get familiar with the overall product and team processes.
- Familiarize yourself with the end to end development process and SDLC.
- Spend deep dive time with the team to learn more about the core products and how they all fit together.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Through 1:1s and team sessions, start to understand your team members’ areas of strength and opportunity, in order to be able to provide career guidance and performance reviews.
- Understand how business goals and PCI compliance affect our internal processes.
- Understand our public API and how our client applications talk to our backend.
- Build a technology roadmap and collaborate with others on interweaving this with the product roadmap.
- Coach your team on building and delivering new features and capabilities for our client applications that face consumers and end-users.
- Develop strong relationships with Engineering Leadership and Product peers.
- Review product requirements and design documents, perform code reviews and weigh in on implementation choices.
Within 6 Months, You’ll:
- Collaborate on defining high-level technology roadmap addressing tech debt, product roadmap, and other needs.
- Provide on-going constructive feedback and guidance to your team members and as part of performance reviews.
- Support and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistent application of engineering practices.
- Lead evolution of software development process and practices supporting growth of the team and new product initiatives.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 10 years of software engineering experience, including at least 3 years experience as a manager with direct reports.
- You have hands-on experience building scalable backend services.
- You have experience building and launching applications at scale using AWS technologies.
- You have developed, launched and supported large scale B2B and B2C SaaS products.
- You have a passion for team building and a track record of recruiting, onboarding and fostering high-performing engineering teams.
- You know how to partner with Product, Design, QA and other Engineering Leaders to build compelling products in an Agile environment.
- You care about the quality of work your team produces.
- You are a fan of rapid iteration and experimentation. You think about failures as a learning opportunity.
- You know how to capitalize on the diverse strengths of the people around you.
- You are a thoughtful mentor and leader who loves supporting your team and collaborating with others to achieve great things.
- You have a point of view but encourage and welcome critiques.
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others.
- You are passionate with a contagious energy, encouraging those around you to pursue their goals.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Remote Work stipend
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.