Engineering Manager — Data Platform (Remote - US) at Automox
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:05 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
As our platform and customer's needs continue to grow, we are seeking a results-oriented leader who thrives in a growth-stage product company. This role requires a passion for growing and developing Engineers and Engineering teams, fostering teamwork, and striving for excellence.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be part of a growth-stage product company that is redefining the market segment
- Be a trusted resource and develop strong relationships throughout Engineering and the company as a whole
- Bring a great attitude as we develop the new team and all the fun that comes with building a great Engineering team and overall company culture
- Work with people who value empathetic and direct communication, foster environments that are highly collaborative, but also challenging, and empower people to do their best work.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- A demonstrated track record of building and leading high-velocity teams
- Self-starter, proactive, motivated, responsible with a passion for Engineering excellence, and delivering solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, professional and confident phone/email skills
- You've experienced the difficulties related to scaling and re-architecting data platforms and infrastructure through orders of magnitude of growth.
- You’re familiar with cloud environments and technologies, designing and reviewing complex distributed systems.
- You have experience partnering with data science, analytics, and business intelligence teams.
- You have a deep background with big data compute, storage, and best practices that allow you to make difficult tradeoffs decisions.
- You have expertise in maintaining distributed data processing frameworks, and streaming/messaging systems
- You’re an advocate for Test Driven Development as an enabler of quality and overall velocity
- The words containerization and orchestration bring a smile to your face.
- You take what you do seriously, but you do not take yourself seriously.
THE MUST HAVES
- 7+ years of total experience in engineering
- 2+ years in directly managing a team of engineers
- Comfortable working in a remote/distributed work environment requiring excellent verbal, written, and asynchronous communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, lead projects, lead teams, and make things happen
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum base salary - $150,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : USA - the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description