Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO.
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
Pagoda is looking for a person to lead our growing Core Tools team. The Core Tools team is developing libraries and frameworks that are used to build the most secure and demanding applications on Pagoda blockchain.
Almost the entire Pagoda ecosystem represents the users of these tools, which implies huge responsibility and impact with being on this team. In this role, you will maintain and expand Rust libraries and frameworks and participate in research at the forefront of digital asset user and developer experience.
What You'll be Doing:
This position requires communication with a large number of leaders of other Pagoda teams, including engineering, product, developer relations, marketing, developer community, etc. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with internal engineers at Pagoda and external contributors on improving the developer experience for the applications built on Pagoda
- Manage the sprint-by-sprint operations, goals and deliverables for the platform tools team
- Build a great team ensuring every role/hire reflects its goals
- Leading by example, by participating in engineering discussion and implementations of the libraries and frameworks
What We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of C, C++, Rust, or Swift;
- Experience or ability to reason about APIs, interfaces, and frameworks; as well as, game-theoretic, adversarial, economics angles;
- Familiarity with agile/scrum methodologies and the ability to adapt those principles to build a bespoke development process;
- Focus on improving developer and user experience;
- You should be a great communicator and remain calm under pressure or when juggling multiple priorities;
- You should be a humble and inspirational leader who is comfortable leading by example;
- While you should have a zeal for technical excellence, you should be very comfortable with balancing degrees of risk and business needs;
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Deep technical skills. Extensive knowledge of blockchain ecosystem, its development tools, and practices;
- Experience building full-stack traditional web applications in addition to Web3 blockchain applications.
Depending on calendar availability, from the first stage to the final stage, we do our best to keep the entire process to under three weeks. Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (30-60 minutes)
- Technical & Leadership Interviews (4 x 60 minutes)
- Culture & Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
Locations: Anywhere in the world
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action.Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.