Engineer, Technical Support at StrongArm Technologies
As a customer facing Technical Support Engineer you are responsible for configuring and troubleshooting our product to resolve our customers' technical issues. You will support the customer by acting as the liaison between the customer and other internal teams.
You must be able to thrive in a fast-paced design culture and enjoy holding responsibilities solving challenging problems. Your ability to work in a complex networking environment will make you an ideal candidate.
We're highly collaborative and agile. We are looking for driven people with exceptional analytical abilities who can communicate effectively. In this role you will wear multiple hats spanning a broad array of technical disciplines ranging from electrical engineering to software development.
- Provide coverage and assistance for StrongArm teams located in Brooklyn and remotely
- Provide Help Desk & Field Service support to our installed customer base for hardware and software systems, worldwide
- Travel to customer sites located in multiple surroundings states
- Liaise between sales team, client team, production, and customers to properly address customer problems
- Communicate technical concepts to customers effectively (strong verbal and listening skills)
- Reproduce customer environment and solve challenging technical problems
- Deploy software updates regularly
- Monitor environments to maintain SLAs
- Developing scripts to automate common problems
- Operate Cloud and Data environments (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud)
- Manage, prioritise and resolve inbound tickets efficiently
- Perform root cause analysis and look for greater trends of product outages
- Manage customer self service portal / FAQ
- Strong customer empathy to get to the root cause
- Take on the responsibility and own the technical problem to resolution, wherever that challenge may be.
- Effective communication across departments to be solution oriented
- Identify pain points to improve the product and champion the solutions that permanently solve customer issues
- Proactive with customer communications
- Proactive problem solving in areas that need definition
- Completed BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology related degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years' of technical support experience
- Direct experience working in customer service
- Strong empathizer who can patiently solve customer issues
- Strong written and verbal and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate with customers in plain language
- Strong attention to detail
- Apply systems thinking by explaining connected devices and the network(s) that support them
- Understand web architecture
- Software integrations, package management for deployment
- Knowledge of SQL, and basic knowledge of databases
- Implement test and integration environments
- Write technical documentation
- Write and maintain automation scripts with python and bash
- Ability to work in Linux command line
- Basic IPv4 networking, firewalls, Wifi, SSL certificate, and web proxy configurations
- DevOps experience is a major benefit.
- Experience with micro-controllers + development platforms using IoT firmware
- Experience with Git version control in a production environment
- Strong mathematical skills
- Can apply languages C, C++, Java
- Experience with ITIL
- 95%+ Remote work possible, 5% scheduled travel to client sites in the US
- Brooklyn HQ office seat available
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer Located in Brooklyn, NY
Apologies, we cannot sponsor H-1B applicants, or overseas applicants at this time.