Embedded Software Engineer- Linux at Amwell (Remote)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Can you take a product vision and translate it into a working solution? Our team is searching for a person with a broad set of skills and experience supporting technology product development who can help solve some of our most challenging telehealth device engineering problems. The Embedded Software Engineer (ESE) will play a key role in designing and bringing revolutionary products to market. Working closely with cross-functional teams, the ESE will use cutting edge tools and approaches to deliver awesome products, that create amazing user experiences in surprisingly short timelines. You’ll be key part of our engineering team and helping us revolutionize the access people have to healthcare services.
- Write Software in C/C++ to accomplish complex business needs
- Debug and fix complex issues as they arise
- Engage with support on customer facing issues
- Engage with QA team to test and prepare releases
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or relevant experience
- 3-8 years of experience in the design and development of software systems
- Extensive Experience with writing software in C/C++ in a Linux environment
- Debugging Experience
- Experience with Bash, Python, Java, and Mobile Systems a plus
- Strong multi-tasking, communication, and organizational skills
- Driven to own the process, understand the root of a problem, and deliver a full solution
- Experience with writing software for IoT/Embedded Devices a plus
Experience with Linux System Administration/Configuration Management a plus
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance