Distinguished Engineer at Mailchimp (Remote)
Mailchimp is a leading customer growth platform for small businesses. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a Distinguished Engineer who will lead innovation across our platform and product teams.
What you’ll do here:
- Empower small businesses around the world to grow their customers, brand and businesses. ● Deploy powerful technology towards solving some of the biggest problems that small businesses face.
- Coach and unlock technology strategies for the engineering leaders across teams. ● Create a culture and team environment where teams can do the best work of their lives - faster, and with less overhead.
- Launch your side gig and actively use Mailchimp products and services to grow your customers.
- Champion the Mailchimp engineering brand in external and internal engineering communities. ● Lead cross-functional product vision as a member of the Extended Product Leadership Team. ● Closely partner and collaborate with cross-functional leaders to accelerate the time it takes for brilliant ideas to translate to experiments and experiences.
- As an officer of the company, consistently demonstrate inclusion, integrity and customer-obsession.
- Participate in Mailchimp programs that bring engineering opportunities and education to underrepresented communities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience. Significant design/architecture experience.
- 10+ years’ experience designing and leading architectural efforts for web, software or mobile applications.
- Experience with cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics and Machine Learning. ● Boundaryless leadership experience: Applying the nuances of influencing based on the situation, knowing when to push and when to ease, driving through designs, ideas, and roadmaps.
- Seasoned and Ambidextrous leadership - able to balance short and long, inspire and coach. ● Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of leadership, including executives.
- Experience in conceptualizing, launching, and driving business and product strategies and multi-year roadmaps.
- Expertise with modern technology stacks, API strategies, microservices, public cloud and programming languages.
- Familiarity with FinTech and how technology can be used to solve problems in the personal finance space.
- Expertise with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact [email protected].
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.