Director of Solution Engineering (San Diego, Dallas or DC locations preferred) at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:38 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
We are seeking a passionate and driven Director of Solution Engineering to work with a high performing Business Development team to provide our customers with mission critical state-of-the-art AI products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As the Director of Sales Solution Engineering, you will focus on instituting new techniques and strategies that will increase revenue and position us as the leading AI company for national security and defense applications. You’ll have the opportunity to work with developers, product managers, and sales teams to define and lead technical strategy throughout deal cycles.
What you’ll do:
Alongside the BD team, present and evoke confidence in our technology for critical DoD and special operations customers
Plan detailed customer engagements that remove technical objections from sales cycles, and highlight the benefits of AI for maneuver
Answer technical RFIs to support proposals.
Identify new opportunities to leverage our technology to achieve various DoD mission sets.
In collaboration with software development teams and product managers, help facilitate the delivery of top-notch solutions to customers
Solicit client feedback to ensure ongoing customer delight
Become an expert in the AI for defense sector through ongoing research and customer engagements.
Projects that you might work on:
Educating customers on AI for maneuver and helping drive technical strategy through deal cycles
- Inspirational communicator who weaves mission, values, strategy, objectives, and outcomes into accurate, consistent, and compelling storyline that earns trust.
- Cultivator of strong relationships with existing operators, prospective customers, engineers, training and customer success teams, and business development personnel to lay foundations for successful product definition and delivery.
- Masterful attention to all aspects of communication – deliberate about everything from sequencing, timing, and channel selection for announcements, to argument construction, to sentence construction, word choice, and intonation.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- An engineering degree or the equivalent experience
- Previous defense sector experience
- 5+ years sales engineer experience in a high tech industry
- 2+ years experience managing or leading a team
- Creativity to approach sales and build customer relationships in groundbreaking new ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail
- Negotiation and social problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a high-stress sales environment and multitask
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate)
Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) was founded in 2015. It has 345 total employees. To see all jobs at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate), click here.
Read Full Job Description