Director of QA - Remote - USA at FullStack Labs (Baltimore, MD)
| Baltimore, MD
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:57 p.m. (CST) on Monday, September 19, 2022
FullStack Labs is the fastest-growing software consultancy in the Americas. We help organizations like Uber, GoDaddy, MGM, Siemens, Stanford University, and the State of California, build distributed software development teams, and deliver transformational digital solutions. As an employee-first company, we focus on hiring the most talented software designers and developers in the western hemisphere, by creating a positive, respectful, and supportive work environment where they can achieve their greatest potential.
We’re most proud of:
*Offering life-changing career opportunities to talented software professionals across the Americas.
*Building highly-skilled software development teams for hundreds of the world’s greatest companies.
*Having delivered hundreds of successful custom software solutions, which have positively impacted the lives and careers of millions of users.
*Our 4.7-star rating on GlassDoor.
*Our client Net Promoter Score of 64, twice the industry average.
*Sustained growth of 100% - 200% per year.
- Team Augmentation: You will integrate yourself directly into our client's team and work alongside their existing designers and engineers on a daily basis.
- Design & Build: You will work on a FullStack Labs product team to build and deliver a product to our clients.
We're looking to hire a Director of QA to join our team. You'll work with our incredible clients in one of two ways:
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Manager or in a related position.
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- Self-organized and responsible person with experience in a distributed team.
- Good level of speaking and written English.
As a Director of QA, you will work with a team to help achieve extraordinary outcomes that will affect the product and offer the greatest solution on the market to our clients. You will manage all activities performed by the quality assurance team, including software and IT processes testing, evaluation, and improvement. You will develop and ensure the best methods and techniques for quality control testing. As the director, you will grow the team and manage our QA service offerings as a company.
What You Will Do:
- This role will require management and leadership skills to supervise and enable ongoing execution by a growing team.
- Coordinates closely with the engineering, development, and systems architecture teams in formulating, defining, and documenting the scope and goals of systems and applications for our clients.
- Develop thorough specifications from which highly complicated systems and applications will be created and maintained.
- Supervises essential activities related to the system development lifecycle, such as gathering, analyzing, and documenting the requirements for complex, multi-platform programs.
- Maintains reporting metrics regarding FSL’s QA team and services.
- Maintains reporting metrics for key stakeholders, project tracking, and documentation.
- Coordinates/conducts highly sophisticated system/application testing to guarantee that the final product satisfies commercial, financial, and end-user requirements.
- Depending on assigned area(s), may be responsible for the quality assurance testing function.
- Provides day to day support to existing applications and troubleshoots system/applications performance issues as they arise.
- Determines and ensures resolution to highly complex system/application problems.
- May assign resources to determine and ensure resolution to system/application problems as necessary.
- Depending on applications supported, may provide advanced technical support and guidance directly to end users.
- Serves as the main point of contact between key business area and systems teams and informs key stakeholders of the viability of the project, its status through metrics and QA dashboards, and any problems.
- Position will interact with corporate executives.
- Only requires supervision in the most complex scenarios; otherwise, works independently.
- May assign, oversee, and evaluate job progress and correctness, coordinating activities and offering expert advice on more complicated problems.
- Maintain good communication with Customer Success and Staffing to allocate resources
- A master's degree in technology or a related field of systems is highly preferred.
We are currently seeking a Director of QA with the following skills:
Nice to have:
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick leave, maternity and paternity leave, holidays).
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID.
- The ability to work with leading startups and Fortune 500 companies.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- 401(k) w/ 4% match.
- Virtual company events each month.
- Ample opportunity for career advancement.
- Continuing education opportunities.
FullStack Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form, which can be provided upon request during our hiring and interview process.
Learn more about our Applicants Privacy Notice.
More Information on FullStack Labs
FullStack Labs operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Granite Bay, CA. FullStack Labs was founded in 2013. It has 224 total employees. To see all 230 open jobs at FullStack Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description