Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Director of Platform Engineering
We are looking for strong technical leader to join as a Director of Platform Engineering. As our company scales, we are focused on scaling and securing our applications. In this role, you will lead multiple managers and teams across DevOps, security, site reliability, IT, production support, and platform engineering. You’ll demonstrate your technical expertise and commitment to talent development daily, inspiring team members to achieve and coaching them through challenges and complexity. As a cross-functional partner to senior leaders around the company, you’ll dive into the business context and become an expert on our infrastructure and systems as you participate in strategic planning and translate the big picture into a clear technical roadmap and goals to set your teams up to succeed.
What you will do:
- Manage teams across IT, DevOps, security, site reliability, production support, and platform engineering
- Coach managers and build their leadership capabilities through continuous feedback, reviews, and mentorship
- Identify and prioritize key engineering initiatives that will help us scale from an architectural and organizational view
- Create OKRs and lead teams to drive business value and empower our engineering department
- Set strategy and ensure goals are met
- Hire, engage, and retain talented team members across platform engineering
- Build new processes and frameworks to help move our business forward
- Partner with other engineering verticals to execute your technical roadmap while advocating for the long-term health and maintainability of our codebases
Tech we use
- Ruby on Rails
- Heroku / AWS
- 15+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years managing engineers across multiple teams
- Experience scaling software engineering teams
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building scalable systems with expertise in OO and system design
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with security and compliance
- Experience with IT
- Familiarity with our technical stack (Ruby on Rails, React, Node, PostgreSQL)
- The base salary range for this role starts at $190,000 - $220,000/year plus bonus and stock options.
- Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.