- Managed $700M+ in software spend
- Saved $130M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
We are looking for a technical and customer centric Director of Engineering who will lead an existing team, hire and grow amazing software engineers, SREs, & leaders, be a technology voice in the industry, drive a technology agenda forward, and be responsible for translating business goals and product initiatives into a SaaS product offering that delights and scales.
What You Will Be Doing:
At Vendr, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create high impact products.
And that's where you come in:
- Coaching, mentoring, training and developing the team. A leader who can grow leaders. Engineers feel motivated when they feel like they’re delivering and learning. Help make that happen.
- Delivering quality releases in bite-sized chunks. Ship value every day.
- Optimize AWS cloud infrastructure for performance and cost
- Be a bar raiser. Driving positive change to grow the team and challenge the status quo.
- Ensuring easily maintainable code by creating and enforcing technical standards.
- Keep a focus on first principles - performance, reliability, scalability, security.
- Building tools for software engineers that improve the development experience
- Strategic & influential leadership. Leading Engineering while partnering with other disciplines for results.
What You Will Need To Know/have:
- Passion for high growth startup environment.
- Hands on leader who brings adaptability, humility, and customer focus to engineering.
- Track record of leading Managers across multiple product lines.
- Passion for identifying, hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent.
- Experience with full stack development.
- Experience with site reliability engineering
- Strong working relationships across the organization.
- Must have experience developing and maintaining a cloud based SaaS environment and shipping every day.
- Strong compass that aligns with department and company values.
- Willingness to make the complex trade offs between standards and team agility to achieve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Place team above ego.
- Growth mindset. Have launched multiple products and learned from hard won experience.
- Enough humility to admit when you’re wrong and learn from both your mistakes and your successes.
We’ve always believed in hiring the remarkable people excited for a stretch role and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Vendr we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply today! Reach out for more details and a conversation. Even if you are not ready today, we are growing fast and happy to accommodate timelines for exceptional talent.
#LI-EM1 #LI-Remote #LI-JP1