Director of Engineering at A Cloud Guru
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to join our Skills Platform and Experience team! Reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering, this person will lead the native apps development teams and be relied on to prioritize technical engineering considerations and workstreams to meet business and technical objectives. This person will work closely with all parts of our engineering organization, driving priorities and empowering the Software Engineers with the tools necessary for them to deliver. We're looking for someone with experience building native apps, designing and communicating internal engineering processes, and leading Developers to fulfill their potential while keeping a collaborative and service-minded direction with their teams.
Who you're committed to being:
- Someone with an eye for seeing where and when technical decisions improve our product and technical roadmaps.
- A leader with emotional intelligence and maturity to work with a set of highly capable and empowered team members while also genuinely interested in and engaged with the broader engineering team at all levels. You bring out the best in your team.
- A thoughtful and artful communicator within your engineering teams and across the broader organization.
- Someone with an enormous aim to build the best product.
- A compassionate engineer and problem solver.
What you'll own:
- Product Delivery: Co-own the delivery roadmap for your product features with your Product partner
- Product Excellence: The technology and components to delight our users, improve quality, and reduce the cost of support and maintenance of your product
- Growth of Team: The responsibility for the opportunities, growth, and personal development of the engineers that report to you
- Organizational relationship: A direct and deep relationship with product managers, sales, and account managers
- Product Strategy: Inform the product strategy by bringing technical perspective to the conversations
- Product Champion: Strategically demonstrating Pluralsight's own products across your organization
Experience you'll need:
- Extensive experience in building mobile applications (IS REQUIRED) and shipping cloud services, with technical depth to be active in decisions about the architectural investments
- Demonstrated ability to focus product development on the top business priorities, and to be accountable for keeping strategic work on track
- Hands-on software development experience and credibility with the hands-on teams of engineers
- Experience with software methodologies and software development tools for project management and issue tracking
- Experience with API management, product instrumentation, analytics, continuous development and integration, and security and audit concerns
- Experience with UX and UI concepts, though we do not expect you to be a designer
- Leadership and mentor experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager
- Strong cross-team and cross-department partnership skills for negotiating smart agreements
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.