Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As a Director of Engineering for Infrastructure, reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will be helping us scale the infrastructure department to support our growing business and engineering team. As a leader, you will help build and scale top-tier cloud (GCP) and on-prem infrastructure for our Fantasy and Sports Betting products.What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a team of managers and individual contributors across infrastructure technologies (Compute, CI/CD, Storage, Observability/Monitoring, Networking)
- Provide coaching and leadership in best practices
- Have a track record of finding and developing great talent
- Be accountable for your department’s strategy
- Represent your team to internal and external audiences with differing levels of technical proficiency
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and inclusive environment
- You have experience as a manager of managers and staff engineers, leading all areas of infrastructure
- Clear, concise, and strong communicator
- You have a good understanding of cloud computing and system design
- Experience concurrently leading multiple teams and managers.
- 10 years of combined software infrastructure (cloud and on-prem) and management
- High level of accountability, bias to action and a desire to empower individuals on the team to perform at their best
- BS degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as an individual contributor before becoming a technical leader
- Experience in gaming/sports or other regulated industries
- Experience in high growth companies
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $250,000 and $350,000+, depending on experience, plus equity. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Support for learning and development
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD cash
- Book club – expense your books
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!