DevOps Engineer at Govini (Pittsburgh, PA)
| Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:45 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, February 15, 2022
Govini is a decision science firm dedicated to transforming the business of national security through data science and machine learning. Through its data and analytic platform, Govini delivers objective, decision-grade information at scale to the national security enterprise, so that leaders can better direct investments to innovation and modernization. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a DevOps Engineer at Govini, you will be essential to deploying and operating a stable and scalable environment for our Decision Science Platform.
In order to do this job well, you must be obsessed with quality, efficiency, and love working with diverse technologies. You have a strong understanding of DevOps principles, automation, and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD). Our ideal candidate is someone who is energized by building scalable technology to support the defense and intelligence communities.
This is a team member position, working onsite in our Pittsburgh, PA office.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Design, deploy, monitor, and scale Govini services utilizing AWS and modern DevOps tools
- Build and support a CI/CD infrastructure utilizing Gitlab, Jenkins, Helm, and Kubernetes
- Work closely with QA engineers to integrate automated tests into the CI/CD pipeline
- Integrate security tools into the CI/CD pipeline and remediate infrastructure findings
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications
- Experimenting with and learning relevant cutting edge technologies
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and QA engineers to define and implement automated DevOps processes
- Must be able to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Linux/Unix experience, including command line and shell scripting
- Hands-on operational AWS/GCP/Azure experience
- Programming experience with any of the following languages: Golang, Java, Python, Groovy, Bash, or Ruby
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins, Gitlab CI, or related technologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience working within an Agile Framework
- Knowledge of systems security and experience managing VPN/PKI infrastructure
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- A burning desire to tackle hard problems and create sustainable solutions
- Experience with container-based architectures (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Advanced programming skills (Python, Golang, Java, or Ruby)
- Experience with Systems Monitoring/Alerting (Splunk, PagerDuty, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana)
- Experience managing, Redis, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with test automation, including security testing and performance testing
- Experience with cybersecurity frameworks (FedRAMP, FISMA, CC SRG, 800-171)
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in ambiguity, are a self-starter, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we’re eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Information on Govini
Govini operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Arlington, VA, Pittsburgh, PA and San Francisco, CA. Govini was founded in 2011. It has 80 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K). To see all 26 open jobs at Govini, click here.
Read Full Job Description