Dropbox is seeking a Security Engineer to join our Threat Intelligence team. You will investigate critical threats to Dropbox and our customers, profiling threat actors and uncovering the actions, techniques and objectives of these malicious actors.
With your expertise, you will work to ensure the security of Dropbox and its customers. Aiming to protect both those who use our platform, and those who engage with it through their friends, family and colleagues. We want to ensure trust in the Dropbox platform by protecting all users interactions with our products.
In this role, you will analyze telemetry data to identify signals indicative of malicious activity and abuse. You will help enhance our capabilities by formulating new analytic techniques and working across teams to drive the supporting capabilities. We seek candidates with a deep understanding of current cybercrime and fraud actor TTPs and experience performing question-driven analysis. You will have a solid understanding of API, network and host based indicators and how to best leverage them. You are able to script and help automate recurring tasks to improve the overall effectiveness of the team. An understanding of operating systems internals will be an asset.
- Hunt for and investigate malicious activity across all Dropbox environments
- Perform deep dive analysis of potentially malicious artifacts
- Pursue actionable intelligence on cybercrime threats as they relate to Dropbox
- Document and communicate investigations into threat actors, their activity, TTPs, briefing internal customers and partnering to detect, disrupt and mitigate attackers
- Translate actor TTPs into actionable data points to reduce overall fraud and abuse activity in Dropbox
- Analyze large structured and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities
- Create security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale
- Serve as subject matter expert on threat actors focused on Dropbox and its customers
- 1-3 years of combined experience in either incident response, threat intelligence, threat hunting, or cybercrime investigations
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of common offensive techniques, and an in-depth knowledge of UNIX tools and architecture
- Experience deep/dark web forums, malware, threat modeling, security vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques, and methods for remediation
- Experience analyzing logs, building detections and coordinating remediation
- Scripting/Coding skills (e.g. Python, PowerShell, other common languages)
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $125,800 - $148,000 - $170,200.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.