At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
The ideal Conversational User Experience Engineer for Kin + Carta is passionate about applying technology that contextualizes user interaction in human terms first. Strong communication skills combined with an empathetic approach are a must. Experience working in an Agile development environment, or in a consulting capacity is a plus.Role responsibilities
- Implement conversational flows in enterprise-grade, cloud-based NLP services (such as GCP Dialogflow, Azure Bot Service, Amazon Lex, and IBM Watson)
- Work with beta features of the above platforms to prototype the latest functionality
- Develop APIs to enable business logic, tie into existing APIs, and deploy to cloud on either an IaaS, PaaS, or FaaS offering
- Create prototypes of web-based or mobile-based chat interfaces; these may be standalone or live in the client’s existing codebases
- Analyze data points from conversation logs to uncover insights that improve the experience, as well as other client business processes
- Communicate technical limitations and recommendations for optimization to the Convo UX designers and work collaboratively with them
- Enable omni-channel interactions via Telephony, Smart Device, etc.
- Integrate with existing telecommunications or customer support systems, including IVR, GenesysCloud, Zendesk, LivePerson, etc…
- Manage environments to create a stable instance for user-research and business demo.
- Interface with our clients and cloud service partners to provide technical updates and recommendations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 3+ years with coding web-interfaces experience
- 3+ years with source control via Git experience
- 2+ years with coding and consuming REST API’s experience
- 2+ years with Azure, GCP, and/or AWS experience
- 1+ years with Node or Python experience
- Quick learner with an appetite for working with beta features
- Proven track-record of building solutions with GCP Dialogflow, Azure BotService, AWS Lex, or IBM Watson
- Familiarity with the underlying principles of NLP, AI, and ML
- Experience interacting programmatically with CRM systems such as Salesforce and Zendesk
- Experience with CCaaS (Contact Center as a Service) providers, such as GenesysCloud and Avaya
- Experience with designing data pipelines and ETL processes.
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.