Cloud Software Engineer at Yellowbrick Data (Remote)
Yellowbrick Data is a rapidly growing Enterprise Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley – the only credible EDW start-up alongside Snowflake. We are selling into a hot market right at the convergence of Big Data, Enterprise Data Warehousing, IoT and the Edge. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos, healthcare firms and marketers. Our customers love our product: Most are repeat buyers, and in many cases we’ve become the new standard for analytics and data warehousing in their respective enterprises. Yellowbrick is well- funded, having raised $173m from top-tier venture firms.
You will be part of the Cloud engineering team; whose job is to develop and deliver control plane software for providing Yellowbrick Data Warehouse services in hybrid clouds; customer on-prem and public kubernetes clusters.
- Develop automation workflows in Jenkins (pipelines)
- Develop control plane services and APIs in Typescript/GraphQL
- Develop Infrastructure-as-code scripts for on-prem and public clouds
- Establish Continuous Integration & Deployment best practices
- Deploy and maintain Yellowbrick’s internal cloud services
- Support the Cloud Operations team (doing Site Reliability Engineering)
- 4-year degree in Computer Science / Information Technology
- Experience of cloud native tools; Kubernetes / Docker / Helm / Jenkins / Terraform / Ansible
- Experience in AWS / Google Cloud / Azure / OpenStack
- Experience with CI / CD & DevOps culture
- Experience with SW development practices; source code control, unit testing, and test-driven development
- Experience with SW development processes; agile and JIRA
- Familiarity with API tools such as OpenAPI, GraphQL, Postman and nginx
- Knowledge of Observability (monitoring, logging, and tracing) stacks
- An understanding of SQL databases (expertise in database internals not required)
- An understanding of Data Warehouse operations; load, unload, backup and restore
- Knowledge of InfoSec systems and protocols such as Vault and OAuth2
Yellowbrick Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, gender identity or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.