Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer to build a series of products which will facilitate collection and processing of millions of records from Checkr’s largest customers in real time. The project involves complex integration with our existing core background check architecture as well as building new micro-services to handle the scale and distribution of data. In this role, you will be responsible for partnering with the technical lead and team in architecting and implementing the future of these products.
- Own the product development from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Partner with the technical lead in designing and architecting new systems
- Collaborate with the technical lead and remote team in implementation
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with languages such as Ruby, Python, or GoLang.
- Experience designing and implementing REST and/or gRPC APIs
- Experience building asynchronous processing pipelines using message queuing systems such as Kafka, AWS SQS/SNS or RabbitMQ
- Experience working with both RDBMS and NoSQL data stores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and Mongo, S3, Redis
- A strong understanding of microservice architecture infrastructure, inclusive of familiarity with Kubernetes
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with remote teams across time zones
- A passion for optimizing services for scale and speed
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
- Familiarity with distributed stream processing engines such as Flink, Spark Streaming, or Apache Storm
- Experience building high throughput, low latency systems
- A strong understanding of AWS
- Experience with performing load testing
- Experience with Shell scripting
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $129,200-$152,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.