Broadcast Infrastructure Software Engineer at The Walt Disney Company (Remote)
The Broadcast Infrastructure team is involved with the planning, procurement, design, development, installation, testing, evaluation, and life-cycle support for new and existing DSS broadcast systems. Broadcast Infrastructure consists of 4 primary teams: Design, Project Management, Systems, and Software. Each team provides a unique and valuable skill set to the organization.
The Broadcast Infrastructure Software Engineer is responsible for writing software tools to control and monitor various broadcast systems in DSS facilities. This includes the infrastructure located at the multimedia datacenters across North American and at other locations around the world. The candidate will ensure work is completed in a timely manner, and interface with various departments to determine software requirements. Equipment encountered in this position includes, but is not limited to, broadcast servers, multiviewers, broadcast automation systems, routers, fiber transmission equipment, satellite systems, various automation servers, and IP networking hardware.
- Ascertain software requirements for various projects
- Interface with other software developers throughout the organization
- Write scripts and applications to control or monitor equipment
- Develop custom monitoring tools and displays using ELK, Grafana, and similar tools
- Provide feedback and technical reports to management on the progress and status of assigned projects
- Perform other Multimedia related special assignments, which may include travel to remote sites
- Provide professional, courteous, and timely technical support
- Assist other Engineers in project research, design, planning, implementation, procedural documentation and training
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
- Develop, document and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Define the goals of the system and devise flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
- Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client and server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
- Review and analyze computer printouts and performance indicators to locate code problems, and correct errors by correcting codes.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
- Specify inputs accessed by the system and plan the distribution and use of the results.
Basic Qualifications :
- Written communication and organization skills.
- Programming skills in Objective-C and Python a plus.
- Basic network knowledge and programming experience.
- Take ownership of software programs and system goals within the team and within the organization (intra-organization) with less straightforward solutions.
- Contribute to the evolution of the team's software engineering practices, recommending changes in development, coding, maintenance, and system standards
- Efficiently supports owned software throughout the lifecycle.
- Performs technical maintenance and troubleshooting for complex systems.
- Reviews code to uphold standards for readability and maintainability.
- Strong knowledgebase in one or two key areas in software engineering.
- Understanding of audio, video, and network signal flows a plus.
- Typically has 2-6 years of experience in a technical field.
- Has working knowledge of technological components utilized by the organization.
- Working experience of DevOps platforms utilized by the company.
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent training or work experience.
Additional Information :