About the Role:
In this role you will be one of the first QA Engineers at ActionIQ. You will be embedded with an engineering team, working closely with developers and product managers, defining and implementing multi-layered test strategy, contributing to the release transformation process and promoting quality centered engineering culture. Supported by other QA Engineers and the rest of the engineering organization, you will play an integral part in helping us shift testing left in our SDLC and finding the right tools for it.
About the Team:
The QA Team at ActionIQ is in a unique position to define quality standards across the company and provide guidance to engineers on how to meet these standards. We strive to incorporate best testing and test automation practices, optimize work processes and enhance tools.
You will be working shoulder to shoulder with engineers to design, implement, test, and maintain a reliable and scalable platform that delivers terabytes of data every day. You’ll join a team where we support our teammates, help them grow, and encourage each other to keep a healthy work-life balance.
One year from now you will have:
- Learned the ins and outs of our platform’s backend and mastered assessing risks, understanding dependencies, tracking down and communicating issues
- Introduced new testing tools and practices into SDLC and CI/CD
- Worked alongside talented and driven polyglot engineers, focusing on API and backend testing
- Influenced engineering practices and contributed to the building of our testing infrastructure
- Enjoyed many Thursday lunches with coworkers from across the company
- Define and implement test strategies for an individual engineering team in alignment with platform wide quality assurance vision
- Use metrics and feedback to constantly improve
- Partner with other QA engineers to establish a company wide culture of defect prevention
- Work with product team and engineers to clarify the requirements and suggest test coverage required
- Support engineers in testing of new product features and coach them on best practices
- Use exploratory testing and other tools to guide test automation efforts
- Coordinate across teams in order to resolve defects timely
What you bring to ActionIQ:
- 3+ years of relevant experience at a tech company, exposure to Agile startup culture is a plus
- Experience in backend testing, investigating and debugging difficult problems, utilizing DB queries and reading through logs
- Strong knowledge and passion for testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Strategic approach to testing and aspiration to independently develop and implement Agile test strategy for a backend heavy product and its components
- Excellent exploratory testing skills
- Aspiration to contribute to bug prevention and testability across the platform
- Interest in sharing expertise around quality and driving cultural change, including ability to work through disagreements.
- Experience with Jenkins and scripting CI process.
- Strong understanding of REST APIs and HTTP request / response semantics.
- Understanding of big data DDL and DMLs and AWS solutions.
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data, MySQL, cloud infrastructure, JIRA, TestRail, CI/CD, Github and Jenkins
- Basic test automation or coding skills
- Exposure to various test automation solutions from front end UI to API to backend
- Experience with test data generation, and data testing/validation
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you do not meet every requirement.Benefits
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an “opt-in” basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out our latest blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up.
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.