TripActions LiquidTM is a next-generation spend management solution that is disrupting the market by offering virtual and physical corporate cards that eliminate the need for traditional expense reports—from approval submission to reconciliation. By tying the cards to customized spend policies and employees’ itineraries, TripActions Liquid automatically recognizes and files reports at time of purchase for real-visibility and control over spend.
In January 2021, TripActions announced its Series E funding of $155M at an upround valuation of $5B to help accelerate future growth plans. In April, TripActions and Visa announced an expanded strategic partnership. Through the new partnership with Visa, TripActions will accelerate the growth of its next-generation corporate card offering, increasing access to flexible payment methods with built-in policy controls
TripActions Liquid is looking for a Director Backend Software Engineer to help lead a product-focused backend engineering team. This team develops and supports the features that our end users will rely on every day and delivers delightful, consumer-like experiences in the workplace.
This position will be responsible for growing a Backend Engineering team (e.g. recruiting, career development, mentoring), as well as project execution (e.g. high quality feature releases and improvements). This leader will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our web applications to make our product more reliable and scalable as we continue to grow.
What You’ll Do:
● Lead our growing backend engineering team
● Oversee product development from concept to production
● Drive timely delivery of the Liquid product
● Provide technical direction, guidance, and hands-on management
● Communicate cross functionally and drive engineering efforts
● Plan for operational efficiency to scale products, programs and practices as we grow and expand
● Be a voice for the team and strong culture carrier with leadership
What We’re Looking For:
● Experience growing and scaling software teams
● 10+ years of Software Development Experience
● 5+ years of experience leading/managing cross-functional development teams
● Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
● Experience in building and maturing engineering teams and infrastructure in a startup environment
● Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership/accountability
● Experience in building teams, hiring, coaching, and motivating staff through learning and development
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience