Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
Our Data Science team is fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. We love to find the meaning within the 100’s of billions of miles of driving data we collect each year. We push the boundaries of telematics and transportation by building data and machine learning solutions to power our groundbreaking products. We are a team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, and analysts that take full ownership of our use of a variety of languages and techniques and a top-notch technology stack to advance the state of the art for mobility data science. As a part of the team, in collaboration with product owners and other experts, your work will showcase your intelligence and creativity as you solve real problems that will improve transportation and even save lives. Personally, we think that’s pretty game-changing stuff.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join our Analytics Engineering team. You’ll design, build, and track the backend applications, APIs, and utilities that power Arity’s analytics, data engineering, and machine learning solutions. You’ll work in a highly collaborative organization with a high degree of autonomy. The role requires the ability to design, iterate, learn, and improve. As a part of our Analytics organization, you’ll get to work with and build for a group of world-class data scientists, data engineers, analysts and software engineers. You’ll shape the future of how we research and develop mobility data science solutions.
- Build and deploy backend applications, APIs, and utilities that power Arity’s data and ML infrastructure
- Set the standards for best practices for software engineering at Arity Analytics
- Implement performant applications that are incredibly reliable
- Collaborate heavily with product dev teams and data science experts to test implementations
- Support continuous improvement of data science and data engineering practices to create world-class capabilities
- Influence the strategy and roadmap of our analytics environment as you gain experience with our business and current implementation
- Strong experience with AWS foundational services such as EC2, EKS, S3, and IAM, as well as familiarity of analytics and ML cloud services such as EMR, Glue, Athena and SageMaker.
- Understanding of open source Big Data platform tools and services, such as Apache Hadoop, Spark and Airflow.
- You’re not just comfortable with Linux, you absolutely thrive in it. You can debug, design, and compile with speed.
- High proficient in deploying cloud resources using common Infrastructure-as-Code and CI/CD tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Jenkins.
- Expertise with proper Git flow. It’s key to our collaboration, along with proper reviews.
- Familiarity with software profiling. We believe in data-driven software development.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous PTO, and plenty of holidays. Take the time you need to refresh.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- 401k with match, plus a pension.
- All jobs at Arity are remote. You want to work from a Florida beach for the summer? We’re all adults – go for it.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Compensation offered for this role is $160,000 - $185,000 and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment