Application Support Engineer - Windows .Net, R 8278 at Rackspace Technology (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:44 a.m. (CST) on Friday, October 7, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
· Provide support in tuning applications and infrastructure
· Design, develop, test, and implement new configurations, architectures, and standards
· Provide guidance, to customers, 3rd party integration specialists, and/or internal teams, on solutions to increase application availability, redundancy, scalability, and performance
· Assist customers and internal teams to automate processes and incorporate devops methodologies
· Provide leadership and guidance when customer application-level downtime issues arise and provide RCA support as requested.
· Show ownership of issues through resolution and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers via phone, tickets, and email
Key Performance Indicators
· Customer/Internal Feedback (delivered via Unsat Ratings and/or email & phone)
· Stability and performance of customer applications, as relates to customer uptime, using internal monitoring tools
· Customer retention and growth as a result of consistently delivering high levels of service & support around customer application stability
Level-appropriate knowledge of and/or professional experience with:
· Strong knowledge of technology troubleshooting, design, and implementation
· Strong knowledge of administration, troubleshooting, and testing OS and application platforms
· Strong knowledge of high-availability application design
· Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Powershell, Ansible)
· Proficient communicator with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
· Strong knowledge of performance tuning and scalability/reliability architecture best practices for a Windows platform
· Strong configuration and troubleshooting expertise of IIS services
· Working knowledge of at least one platform-specific programming language used for enterprise or large-scale web development (.Net)
· Proficient using Application Performance Management (APM) tools to interpret data, build dashboards, and engage in performance discussions. (AppDynamics and New Relic)
· Ability to identify, address, and resolve complex customer application-level issues without supervision.
· Ability to take ownership and resolve customer issues/escalations via phone, ticket, and email while providing FANATICAL SUPPORT
· Minimum 5-7 years relative technical experience/application-level support experience.
· Minimum 3 years of experience administering highly available systems
· Minimum 1 years of experience with an enterprise application framework (Sitecore) preferred.
· Ability to perform on-call functions
· MCSE certifications preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in CS or IS preferred or equivalent experience
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 40 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description