Within 1 months, you'll...
- Learn our business model and how it translates to platform architecture and features, and find a balance between theoretical risk and development velocity.
- Be a subject matter expert on security threat modeling, application security fundamentals, and theoretical exploits, using that knowledge to support our engineering teams. You’ll join squad meetings to understand security needs and make recommendations to secure our apps.
- Identify opportunities for increased automation in security testing and hardening, and begin development of those solutions in conjunction with the QA/SDET team.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Have made a valued impact on multiple products across our platform by penetration testing and threat modeling our internal and external applications.
- Understand major feature areas of our applications and be comfortable navigating the stack and infrastructure, aware of potential common exploit vectors.
- Have participated in the architecture and implementation of new developer and user-facing features. We communicate and collaborate on our architecture to achieve security, scalability, and maximum learning.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader of security of ChowNow platform, contributing best practices and continuing to learn in the field. We want to learn as much as we teach.
You should apply if:
- You have experience building SaaS products, e-commerce or similar online platforms and testing or hardening security of those systems
- You are excited about new technologies, and enjoy being on the cutting edge of offensive and defensive security research
- You have experience developing threat models based on common adversary strategy database, e.g. ATT&CK Framework
- Your toolbox looks like the Kali Linux distribution, including metasploit, burpsuite, lynis, sqlmap, and more
- You constantly work to get better at your craft and keep up with new developments and attack vectors
- You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders to achieve a secure application and organizational posture
- You make decisions based on data and evidence
- You enjoy iterative, agile development process with frequent releases
- You can demonstrate experience writing well documented POCs and summaries to communicate your findings
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote first culture and monthly stipend offering flexibility to work where you want and how you want.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.