1st Edge is a growing business seeking top performers to join in our mission of developing Artificial Intelligence solutions for our Government customers. We offer technically advanced, challenging work in an employee-centered environment driven by the desire to contribute to a meaningful purpose. Our employees work closely with Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC), Missile Defense Agency (MDA), and Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC).
We believe in a balanced, quid pro quo relationship between the company and its employees, providing all benefits at no cost plus generous time off. This balanced culture allows employees to do their best work and contributes to our extraordinary success rate. From an excellent benefits package to job autonomy with challenging work, 1st Edge cultivates an innovative and collaborative environment with meaningful work.Job Description
Based on the requirements of our government contracts, you must be a U.S. Citizen and have or be able to obtain a secret security clearance. This position is on-site, located in Huntsville, AL.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Agile software development in small, fast-paced groups
- Development duties include full software life-cycle tasks: requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and integration
- Conduct machine learning model training for teammates and/or customers
Essential job skills include:
- Strong knowledge and experience with artificial intelligence concepts and development methods
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of data science development and parsing techniques
- Proven experience with
- SW development tools – git, Visual Studio Code, Azure DevOps or similar, Docker
- SW languages – Python 3+ and/or an OOP language such as C#
- SW development methods – Scrum, CI/CD
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience developing knowledge based systems, genetic algorithms, or other AI solutions
- SW frameworks – Torch/PyTorch, Tensorflow, Pandas, OpenCV
- 5-15 years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. However, please note, based on the requirements of our Government contracts, you must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.