Our market access team is passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. We strive to understand our customers' needs and provide solutions to meet their needs.
The Director, Global Oncology Market Access -Pan Tumor will focus on developing and executing the market access & reimbursement strategies for our immuno-oncology pan-tumor product and other key initiatives . It will require a strong understanding of the oncology market and shifting global payer environment, and experience in market access, pricing, health outcomes, and launch execution.
The candidate selected for this position will need to communicate and collaborate effectively, lead cross-functional as well as regional & local teams, articulate vision and objectives clearly to internal stakeholders and partners, plan and execute work according to timelines for market events and internal processes. The selected candidate is expected to operate with integrity and transparency, as well as respect and adherence for the laws and regulations that govern our industry and our company policies.
The role would come with additional responsibilities in business development. This would involve desk research leveraging on external data sources to provide market access insights for Business Development (BD) opportunity assessment (e.g. Analysis of the market access and reimbursement landscape including horizon scanning, value assessment and price potential, risks and opportunities for product market access) The selected candidate is expected to operate with integrity and transparency, as well as respect and adherence for the laws and regulations that govern our industry and our company policies.
Key responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the development and implementation of the market access & reimbursement strategy for the company immuno-oncology pan tumor product key initiatives
- Lead the important pan-tumor workstreams (early stage pan-tumor strategy, Low Middle Income Countries (LMIC) access, company oncology product strategic launch access consideration initiatives.
- Engage with regional & local market access teams to understand regional /key country market access & reimbursement needs ensuring these are included in Value & Implementation plan
- Lead payer market research to inform global access strategy and value dossier development for Immuno-Oncology pan-tumor product
- Be the expert on market developments, competitor activity, and payer views on reimbursement within assigned tumors
- Competitive reimbursement tracking to inform on the impact of competitor reimbursement positions and tactics
- Work with pricing colleagues to develop oncology product Life Cycle Management (LCM) access and pricing strategy
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in a Business or Science related discipline
- Master's degree (MBA/MS) or other post-graduate Degree
Required Experience and Skill:
- Experience in Oncology including knowledge on the clinical development space
- 5 years experience in marketing, market research, pricing/ reimbursement, outcomes research or managed markets
- Knowledgeable about product development and commercialization process
- Understanding of the global payer environment and perspectives
- Proven success working within large and complex strategic initiatives
- Experience successfully leading cross functional matrix teams
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Strong project management and implementation/operational skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong commercial orientation and business acumen
- Strategic thinking and integration skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 5 years in oncology and/or market access & pricing with business development
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as "remote".
Under New York State, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$175,440.00 - $276,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License: