UX Researcher at The Walt Disney Company (Santa Monica)
Disney Streaming brings our beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events directly to people on their own terms. We believe in researching customer needs, innovating through technology, delivering at the highest standard of craft and positioning, cultivating a culture of collaboration, celebrating wins, but never settling. User Experience Research is a critical part of understanding how our viewers want to connect with those stories.
Disney Streaming is seeking a mid-level researcher to join us in the Hulu, User Experience Research team! This person will help drive impactful research initiatives while collaborating with researchers, designers, product managers, and other partners from across the company. There is a lot happening in the streaming world so you will have to be able to prioritize and balance multiple work streams efficiently. As a researcher with this team, we are looking for someone who can ask the right questions, connect insights across both qualitative and quantitative data, and tell the story of research in an impactful way. In addition, we are looking for someone who is welcoming and supportive of our team as well as in user testing.
- You crave collaborating with innovative researchers, designers, product managers and engineers exploring the limits of content discovery, subscription, and consumption experiences.
- You enjoy connecting insights from across qualitative and quantitative data in order to understand a problem or situation more holistically.
- You put as much thought into finding the most impactful way to communicate the story of research as you do into finding the right methodology and test plan for that research.
- You’re passionate about people and are determined to provide our consumers who participate in our research studies with a great experience.
- You’re detail obsessed, insanely organized and love to create order out of chaos.
- You are a people person and love to interact with those from all different walks of life and provide them with a comfortable experience while they are participating in research with us.
- You can quickly adapt to changing conditions and requirements in an exciting innovative environment.
- You are great at handling and clarifying ambiguity.
- You quickly and efficiently get things done and ask the right questions when you hit a roadblock.
- You are great at managing multiple streams of work at once.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In general, but not limited:
Research Planning & Design
- Develops clear research goals based on project needs
- Understands partners and user needs and consistently works to represent them.
- All documents (user test plans, survey questionnaires, and other research plans) are well written, well organized, and well crafted to collect clear data and meet the research goals
- Conducts high quality research (including but not limited to surveys, interviews, user tests, etc.) while minimizing bias and ensuring the reliability of the findings
- Moderate conversations with customers to gain feedback on prototypes and/or their current experience
Data Analysis & Synthesis
- All analysis of results (statistical or otherwise) is clear and accurate
- Creates engaging, storytelling-style synthesis of data
- Provides partners with digestible and meaningful recommendations that they can act on
WHAT TO BRING
Experience in & understanding of the following:
- Usability testing
- Survey design and analysis
- Observational methods
- Benefits and drawbacks of each method
- Willingness to learn and openness to try new methods if you do not have all the experience
- Self awareness, openness, and growth focused individual
- Clear, eloquent, and effective communicator and storyteller
Background in psychology and/or human behaviors
2-3 years of product research experience