UX Product Design Manager at Paylocity (Remote)
Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Product Design Manager (UX Team Leader) is a critical role in our Product Development organization. This key leader serves as manager and focuses on enabling the team to achieve their highest level of performance and helps team members to fulfill career goals. S/he acts as a servant leader and shelters the team from external distractions, allowing team members to focus on their commitments and reach their full potential. This position requires a commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement, and the ability to build a collaborative culture within User Experience and broadly across Product & Technology. This in turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite.
Reports To: UX Group Leader
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How we work:
- UX organized as a central partnership supporting Product & Technology while contributing to a growing design system and pattern library.
- Small UX squads serving a group of product teams, with an entrepreneurial spirit, organized into categories and foundational experiences
- Dedicated Design Systems team committed to supporting the latest component and pattern development
- We don’t add more folks to our teams, we add additional teams to scale
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and product teams
- We focus on our customer's unmet needs and leverage their input as our product co-creators
During your first six months at Paylocity, you will:
- Cultivate your strong relationships with product and engineering counterparts in the product organization
- Facilitate team ceremonies, removed impediments, and enabled the team to be their best
- Nourish a collaborative environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes
- Develop T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members
- Facilitate longer-term career plans with each member of the team, and found opportunities for team members to fulfill those goals
- Reward top-performers and addressing performance issues in a timely and respectful way
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the needs of product teams through understanding roadmaps
- Identify the type of UX skills needed to solve the team's needs
- Effectively manage projects coming into the team, communicated team capacity and business impact to stakeholders
- Developed and implemented new user experience designs or components
- Assisted in leading user research sessions
- Managed user experience consistency across product teams/business
- Experience working in an agile environment delivering UX
- Minimum 5 - 7 years leading user experience teams in an enterprise SaaS web development environment
- Experience directly managing a team of user experience designers both virtually and locally
- Familiarity with the latest user experience tools strongly preferred (Figma, Sketch, inVision, Mural, Whimsical)
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, design, engineering, or related field
- At ease working at all levels of the organization
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about design, front end development, architecture, and research
- A people manager with an interest in growing talent
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for the best user experience possible
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to