Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
You are an experienced front-end engineer and user interface designer that loves to focus on systems thinking. You have built visually appealing, accessible, and technically nuanced design systems that are mobile-enabled and engage users. You do everything possible to ensure the patterns and details of our page layouts are optimized for a highly technical user base. You are passionate about building and iterating on scalable and reusable design patterns to support the design, product, and engineering teams.
The following principles govern our team’s methods and output:
Strong: Our product is powerful and our people are empowered to thrive.
Precise: We pinpoint IT needs and deliver exactly what is needed.
Intelligent: We are well-informed creative thinkers who build smart and nimble products.
Simple: Our users can do what needs to be done, anytime, anywhere and in real-time.
Balanced: We create a stable and balanced foundation with which to build and operate from.
Voltaic: The air is electric with possibilities and the potential for brilliance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help the Design Systems UX group and designers standardize for web and responsive UI layout, translating design intent into reusable, delightful, and consistent components and page layouts customized to the highly technical user base.
- Focus on developing Storybook, coding, and maintaining stateful components to capture edge cases in our UI and provide engineering endeavors a living toolkit
- Contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of our design system.
- Continually maintain the design system by critically analyzing elements, patterns, and layouts and gathering feedback from fellow designers and engineers.
- Extend the themes to apply a light theme.
- Update and incorporate a brand tone for subtle animations.
- Work to ensure the design system is upheld and the design philosophy maintained.
- Teach, engage and support a design culture by documenting best practices.
- Use a pragmatic and thoughtful approach while creating a lean implementation of new patterns.
- Support front-end engineers with nuanced animation and interaction adjustments and promote a clean, simple, branded UI experience.
- 5 or more years (combined) of front end and UI design, focused on desktop and mobile-enabled design systems. Experience in both early stages and mature design systems is a big plus.
- Extensive experience with HTML5/CSS3
- Material/Bootstrap/Foundation or other related front end systems
- Strong background with front end frameworks; Vuejs, Vuetify, or related
- Bachelor’s or MS in design, engineering, computer science, or related field (or equivalent and demonstrable work experience)
- Ability to leverage the design system and build cultural adoption and passion for UX and design
- Design skills in Mac shop and ability Adobe Creative Suite, Figma. Expert knowledge of Figma a plus for design library creation and documentation.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude and an excellent workshop and team facilitator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Proven teamwork skills, pragmatic and adaptable
- Ability to actively listen to others
- Ability to adjust work schedule as needed
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive
compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and
benefits for all full-time permanent employees.
● Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life
insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and more. Automox
has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all
● Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
● Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
● Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no
● Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the
position we are hiring for. We start at the midpoint of the range and move up or down from there based on a person's skills, experience, and location all of which impact where someone might come in on the range.
$128,000 - $143,000 - $156,000
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.