UI/UX Designer at Human Agency (St. Louis, MO)
Human Agency offers full-service business solutions to partners and the organizations we create. We are a team of problem solvers driven by purpose and commitment to the free exercise of our and our partners’ human agency.
The UI/UX Designer will help us transform the way organizations and individuals build movements and influence their audiences to take action by leading the design of our internally created Saas tool that turns outdated online interactions into engaging experiences. The UI/UX Designer is responsible for owning internal design standards to ensure everything we produce is of pristine quality. The candidate will collaborate closely with product, engineering, and marketing teams to solve complex problems through user-driven research and compelling design.
- Project Ownership and Collaboration:
- Own projects to improve the information architecture, interaction design, and interface of Human Agency tools to help deliver incredible user experiences.
- Work with leadership to craft, refine, implement, and communicate design vision and product strategy across the organization.
- Partner with CPO to define objectives, understand user needs, and conceptualize solutions.
- Work with the product and client facing teams to define user journeys and visual specs.
- Conduct research and commit to finding the right solutions for users.
- Design detailed user flows, wireframes and polished interfaces for user testing and dev handoff.
- Create, test, and refine prototypes of varying fidelity levels.
- Collaborate with engineering to visually QA the UI.
- Implement, maintain, and evolve the Human Agency design system through organized documentation and repeatable processes.
- Take ownership over your work and systems.
- Be a champion of great design and customer experiences within the organization.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing consumer products for mobile and web.
- Portfolio shows a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process - research, prototyping, and visual aesthetics.
- You have expertise in interactive design, information architecture, motion, or visual design.
- You are comfortable with UX research methods including interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- You champion user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- You love collaboration and have excellent communication skills.
- You are detail-oriented and you can take a birds-eye view on your work.
- You have the ability to self-critique and self-manage.
- You are open and receptive to others’ opinions and ideas.
- You obsess over processes.
- You obsess even more about the customer.
- You are pretty great at Figma, Sketch, or a comparable design & prototyping toolset.
- You’re fluent in English.
- You have proven experience of impacting society at scale through great design.
- You enjoy mentoring those who are interested in design and want to grow their skills.
- You have prior startup experience.
Location: Anywhere in the USA is fine. We are a fully remote company with employees concentrated in Austin, New York, Chicago, and St Louis.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Human Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Human Agency is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.