UI Designer at Class Technologies (Remote)
Who We Are
Class is a software developed by Class Technologies Inc., a company founded by software pioneer Michael Chasen. Class adds teaching and learning tools to Zoom and makes the virtual classroom feel like a real classroom. Class is a remote company (you can work from anywhere!), with staff around the world.
Class is backed by prominent Zoom board members and investors, including current Zoom board member Santi Subotovsky, and education and technology leaders like SoftBank, Salesforce Ventures, GSV Ventures, and American quarterback and entrepreneur, Tom Brady.
Are you passionate about learning and technology? Do you aspire to change the way the world learns? Do you want to work from anywhere in a flexible, collaborative, and inclusive work environment? If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, we want to talk to you!
Who We are Looking For
We are looking for a talented UI Designer to help Class change the way the world learns by creating amazing user experiences. If you are a talented, self-motivated designer who can translate high-level requirements into intuitive, functional features, we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to understand user needs and provide thoughtful solutions
- Work very closely with native and full-stack development teams
- Demonstrate mastery of clean, minimal UI and accessible UX
- Explore the journey for multiple personas and provide flows for edge cases
- Strike a balance between moving fast and providing pixel-perfect assets
- Communicate ideas and rationale behind user-centered design choices
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Use and contribute to the Class design system in Figma
- Learn how the brand translates across marketing, sales, and other channels
Required Skills, Experience, Degrees, or Certification:
- 2-5 years of relevant product design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your UI experience
- Proven track record of on-time and on-brand project delivery
- Advanced skills in problem-solving; ability to explore, iterate, and pivot quickly
- Passion for making products accessible and usable by all
- Familiarity with UX research methods and practices
Preferred Skills, Experience, Degrees, or Certification:
- You have familiarity with technical constraints as they apply to design for multiple platforms (native desktop, mobile systems, and web) and multiple languages
- You are bilingual and have an interest in our global growth
- You have worked cross-functionally with product marketing and care about how the product is presented to prospects
- You have experience working in a startup environment and are comfortable with the fast pace
- You <3 Material UI
% of Travel:
0 - 10%
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
Class Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.