Training & Development Instructional Designer (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the role
The Training & Enablement Instructional Designer will join the Sales & CX Training & Enablement Team with responsibilities that include building, creating, and delivering impactful training programs across our Sales & CX organization and other internal teams. Your primary objectives will be to decrease the time it takes new members of the team to ramp and help improve sales productivity by enabling existing sellers to improve their skill-set, product knowledge, and overall expertise. We are looking for a content guru who can partner with the Sr. Sales Training Manager, the Head of Revenue Operations, and the SVP of Sales to enable our Sales & CX teams to crush their goals. This role will be reporting to the Sr. Sales & CX Training Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, create, and publish training content and courses for members of our Sales & CX organization
- Spend regular field time with Sales, CX and Sales/CX Leadership to understand pain points, building deliverables to help meet needs.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Product to ensure that all team members are kept up to date on our product enhancements, deliverables, and competitive intelligence
- Understand current learning needs and gaps to research, recommend, design, and implement training and development initiatives
- Write learning objectives and modules of content that ensure mastery of learning objectives, including but not limited to knowledge checks, assessments, certifications, exercises, scripts, storyboards, simulations, or games
- Design blended learning solutions that maximize learning efficiency
- Drive, track, and manage learning content development projects within required timeline
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
You are somebody who has or is:
- 5+ years of experience developing learning content with at least half of that time spent working on technical training projects
- Experience building interactive or video learning content using tools like Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc
- Experience building instructional aids, such as instructor guides and other resource materials
- A high degree of organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Familiar with modern and creative approaches to learning, including experience with learning reinforcement and gamification
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve on the fly
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through - can own and take tasks through to completion
- Interpersonal skills- ability to network inside the company and create relationships
- Technically savvy with Sales Enablement software (Seismic, LMS Tools, Digital Curriculum building products) and G-Suite products (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides/PowerPoint, etc.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries & incentive compensation, stock ,excellent company paid healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Customer