We are TuSimple - a highly ambitious team with deep technical expertise and audacious vision. We are building products that will change the world. Our mission is to develop the world’s most advanced self-driving technologies specifically designed to meet the unique demands of heavy-duty trucks.
And we deliver. As the first AV to market, we are commercializing autonomous freight capacity that is safer, more efficient, and on-demand. In pursuit of our goals, we are looking for the best and brightest to join us on this exciting journey and be part of a fast-moving, highly execution-oriented team.
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
We are looking for a well-rounded Sr. UX researcher who can work on strategic initiatives across product teams to identify research opportunities and deliver insights in a data-dense, complex space. In this role, you will work closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers and on-the-ground drivers to develop a deep understanding of user journeys, identify pain points, craft and execute research plans, and synthesize the collected data into actionable insights. You will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as contextual inquiries, interviews, workshops, usability testing, surveys and other experiments. You will use your stellar communication skills to present research findings to a range of stakeholders - from UX teammates to senior-level leadership. You will play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products and have impact at all stages of product development.
This role will support our HMI / Autonomy Visualization teams in optimizing the way we collect data from the road, extract and verify the data to feed our algorithms, and edit map data to accommodate new information.
The TuSimple UX team is growing! We are focused on grounding-breaking work in autonomous vehicle design and research. We seek to build beautiful, usable products that empower our engineering and hardware teams to build better, smarter, safer self-driving technology.
Who you are
- You have a proven track record of successfully leading UX / product research in complex, technical problem spaces.
- You use a scenario-based approach to think horizontally and connect the dots across product lines.
- You have a gift for identifying patterns in your research and synthesizing them into actionable insights.
- You are energized by fast-paced environments.
- You have strong communications skills, as demonstrated by your ability to clearly articulate the right altitude of information to stakeholders with different levels of expertise and seniority.
- You are enthusiastic to learn about new data-dense technologies, tools, and ideas.
- You are a team player, enjoy supporting your fellow UX teammates, and seek feedback with low ego.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy taking ownership of your work.
- You are self-driven with an analytical mind.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team of UX researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists and engineers to support data-driven feature design and development.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of research methodologies (i.e. usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, benchmark studies, online experiments such as A/B testing, etc.)
- Lead strategic research initiatives to clarify end-to-end user journeys and identify novel opportunities.
- Document and disseminate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
- Mentor early-career researchers.
- 3-5+ years of professional experience as a Researcher.
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Psychology, or other Computer Science / Engineering field.
- Portfolio of work that includes research case studies utilizing various methodologies.
- Product research experience with complex developer tools and / or other enterprise applications.
- Experience contributing to design systems.
- Experience in automotive
- Experience working with AI / ML
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your family
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks, special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Stock options / equity
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disability
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.