Sr. Product Designer at Varo Bank (Salt Lake City, UT)
| Salt Lake City, UT
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:33 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 6, 2023
Varo is an entirely new kind of bank. All digital, mission-driven, FDIC insured, and designed for the way our customers live their lives.
A bank for all of us.
Design at Varo
We are a growing, ambitious, customer-obsessed group of creatives, researchers, writers, designers, developers, and thinkers who are breaking the model of the banking experience. We believe that financial institutions can provide great products, services, education to everyone; not only the wealthy. We are the team responsible for delivering on the Varo vision at every touchpoint, from every campaign to every product experience. Join us to change the future of banking.
As a Senior Product Designer you'll...
- Create innovative mobile experiences for Varo clients
- Actively participate in design discussions that help define features and contribute to the overall direction of the product experience.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that we are shipping high-quality experience that achieve impeccable fit and finish.
- Build close relationships with your peers in the design organization, proactively soliciting their feedback to improve your work, collectively defining and upholding an integrated, holistic Varo experience across all our products and touchpoints.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve our processes.
- Interview candidates and actively advise on our design hiring process.
You're a person who...
- Believes in the power of design to change the world and is looking for an opportunity to have a positive impact on millions of peoples lives.
- A roll your sleeves up and dig-in type of person, who thrives in dynamic, rapid growth environments.
- An open-minded and accountable individual, who deeply values and respects team collaboration.
- Very coachable, a sponge looking to learn from managers, mentors, and team members.
- Always optimistic, always curious, highly motivated to see your work in the hands of clients so you can learn more.
- You are user-centered, data-informed and always learning.
You have the following experience...
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role.
- Prove experience shipping products and/or significant features on desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio.
- Mastery of Figma, Sketch, Adobe CS, Keynote, and other design tools
- Deep experience leveraging human centered design methodologies and practices to unlock problems and solutions.
- Great listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Varo launched in 2017 with the vision to bring the best of fintech into the regulated banking system. We’re a new kind of bank – all digital, mission-driven, FDIC-insured, and designed around the modern American consumer.
As the first consumer fintech to be granted a national bank charter in 2020, we make financial inclusion and opportunity for all a reality by empowering everyone with the products, insights, and support they need to get ahead. Through our core product offerings and suite of customer-first features, we aim to address a broad range of consumer needs while profitably serving underserved communities that have been historically excluded from the traditional financial system.
We are growing quickly in our hub locations of San Francisco, Salt Lake City, and Charlotte along with colleagues located across the country. We have been recognized among Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes’ Fintech 50, and earned the No. 7 spot on Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing companies across the country.
Varo. A bank for all of us.
Our Core Values
- Customers First
- Take Ownership
- Stay Curious
- Make it Better
Varo is an equal opportunity employer. Varo embraces diversity and we are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Learn more about Varo by following us:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/varomoney
Instagram - www.instagram.com/varobank
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/varobank
Twitter - https://twitter.com/varobank
Engineering Blog - https://medium.com/engineering-varo
SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/varobank
Beware of fraudulent job postings!
Varo will never ask for payment to process documents, refer you to a third party to process applications or visas, or ask you to pay costs. Never send money to anyone suggesting they can provide work with Varo. If you suspect you have received a phony offer, please e-mail [email protected] with the pertinent information and contact information.
Read Full Job Description