Sr. Game Designer at Glu Mobile (acquired by Electronic Arts in April 2021)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:36 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021
Glunies is a Glu Mobile studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our talented teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
We're seeking a seasoned Senior Game Designer with strong creative and technical abilities. This individual will be working with the design team to bring beloved Disney characters, events, and features to life through fun, creative sessions as well as advanced scripting capabilities. This individual has experience designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations.
Game Designer Responsibilities Include
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Lead Game Designer, and Product Managers on game progression flow
- Conceptualize, implement, and balance game content through proprietary tools to support game progression flow
- Work (and collaborate) with other teams to develop content and features
- Serious passion for games and able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to receive and offer constructive feedback to iterate and improve upon content and features
- Minimum 5 years game industry experience, and multiple shipped titles
- Deep understanding of role playing game mechanics within mobile or other free-to-play spaces
- Experience with spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets)
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter who is driven and strives for both excellence and efficiency
- Scripting of game content through popular languages (e.g. Lua, Python, TypeScript)
- Game Design degree or equivalent professional (or hobbyist) experience
- Experience with collectible card games (e.g. Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, Pokemon, etc.)
- Experience with multiplayer online battle arena games (e.g. League of Legends, Dota2, Arena of Valor, etc.)
- Experience with massively multiplayer online games (e.g. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.)
- Experience working with licensed products
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description