Sr Associate, Training Design & Curriculum at Inspire
Inspire is a clean energy technology company on a mission to transform the way consumers access clean energy and to accelerate the world’s transition to a net-zero carbon future.
We provide our customers with access to renewable energy from wind, solar, and hydro powered sources without service interruptions or costly installations at a flat, predictable monthly rate. For every year that a customer spends with Inspire Clean Energy, they have a greater impact on climate change than 10 years of strict recycling.
Our rapidly growing team of mission-driven, climate enthusiasts is passionate, innovative and committed to a better future for the planet.
The Sr Associate, Training Design and Curriculum will enable Inspire's Member Experience team and field Salesforce to do their jobs well through the design and development of the training curriculum. This role will own the lifecycle of new training design and creation, as well as the upkeep of the current Sales & Member Experience training libraries. They will take a data-driven approach to inform the training team's strategy and help the training team execute its goals, playing a critical role in driving member growth and retention while minimizing regulatory risks.
THE SR ASSOCIATE, TRAINING DESIGN AND CURRICULUM HAS 5 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr Associate, Training Design and Curriculum will be primarily responsible for the creation of Sales and MX Training and has 5 core responsibilities that correspond with the ADDIE framework of Instructional Design (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Evaluation):
- Analysis: Work cross-functionally with Sales and Member Experience teams to understand learning and performance gaps
and define goals, success metrics, audience characteristics, and overall training objectives.
- Design: Use previous analysis to establish the most effective delivery method, begin gathering content and ensuring subject matter expertise, and outlining the training curriculum to address the problem.
- Development: Create the curriculum outlined during the design phase. Write content, create the visuals, record audio and video, etc. Consult with Sales and Member Experience teams.
- Implementation: Integrate the training into our LMS, familiarize the Sales & MX Trainer with the content, socialize the new content to Sales or MX stakeholders and partners, work with Sales and Member Experience teams to enforce completion of the training.
- Evaluation: Work with the Sales & MX trainer to measure KPIs following the execution of the training and establish whether or not the training objectives and goals were met. This is an iterative process that will inform future training.
Additionally, this role will manage all LMS operations and support our Sales and MX partners to ensure a smooth learning experience.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Overhaul of the Member Experience onboarding lifecycle, including multimedia incorporation and Visual ID compliance.
- Development of an ongoing curriculum library for our sales agents, including skills workshops to boost sales, increase subscription product mix, and reduce complaints.
- 10+ Sales trainings created for ongoing content library
- Completion of MX onboarding lifecycle overhaul
- +1 point boost in MX onboarding confidence score
- +0.2 point boost in Sales onboarding confidence score
- Analytical. Thoughtful and methodical when approaching training design, follows the ADDIE model.
- Detail-oriented. Trainings are polished and high quality with great attention to detail, there is limited back and forth with management when developing training.
- Data-driven. Evaluation of training results is thorough, training development is driven by business needs and KPIs.
- Strong cross-functional partner. Communicates clearly and effectively with important stakeholders.
- Creative. Does not approach training creation with a one-size-fits-all approach and genuinely enjoys the art of creating dynamic and engaging training that appeals to a variety of audiences.
- Resourceful. Can execute with limited resources and is not blocked by lack of a clear process, can pave their own path to accomplish their goals.
- Must Have
- 2+ years of instructional design and curriculum creation
- At least 1-year experience conducting face-to-face training
- Proficiency using Google suite (docs, sheets, slides)
- Nice to Have
- Knowledge of instructional design and video editing software such as SCORM, Adobe, Articulate Storyline
- Experience designing sales skills and product knowledge training curriculum for Retail, Event, Door to Door Sales, or Customer Experience teams
- Bachelor's degree in communications or similar
- Familiarity with the retail energy industry and renewables
- Experience managing Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience conducting face to face sales skills and product knowledge training to sales or customer experience teams