Senior UX/UI Designer at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
- 9/80 work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
- Flexible vacation
- 11 paid Holidays
- Full range of health benefits including medical, dental & vision, short & long-term disability
- 401(K) matching (100% of first 3% contributed, 50% of the next 2%)
- Health and wellness programs / gym reimbursement
- Educational assistance up to $7,000 per year
- On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
- Company sponsored FUN events!
- On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
- Generous product discounts
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
We are seeking an innovative and collaborative Sr. UX/UI Designer to enhance the overall functionality of our websites and web tools to ensure a best-in-class digital user experience for consumers and pool professionals. Additionally, you will:
- Lead the design of rich, modern and intuitive web experiences across our portfolio of brands
- Build UI with modular components that are reusable within a scalable design system that can be leveraged across multiple brand websites
- Use business requirements, user stories, and data to create user flows, site maps, wireframes, prototypes and/or high-fidelity mockups
- Plan and conduct user research, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Design for accessibility standards
- Present design work to the marketing team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
- Collaborate with UI designers and developers to refine design system, create/maintain documentation of components within design system and style guides for websites
- Participate in Scrum team meetings – sprint planning, sprint retro, sprint review, backlog refinement, daily standups
- Contribute to and participate in bi-weekly Scrum sprints
- Stay up to date with latest design/technology trends and competitive website UX strategies
WHAT WE SEEK
- 5+ years working in UX and/or Digital Design
- Expertise in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using UX/UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first/responsive design and grid principles
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills to articulate the rationale behind design choices
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and with high level of accuracy
- Experience working on a Scrum team is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We’re an industry‐leading, global company with a legacy of innovation. Offering an extensive array of quality‐designed pool and spa equipment, our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands in the business: Polaris®, Jandy®, CMP, S.R. Smith, and Zodiac®. We also sell products under the Cover‐Pools®, iAquaLink®, Grand Effects®, Dell® and Nature2® names.
Recognized as the foremost provider of reliable and visionary pool equipment, our reach extends worldwide across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets. We now have over 7,000 employees, a presence in over 45 countries and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
Our focus is on creating the perfect pool and wellness experience responsibly. We take our mission to heart, and our employees embody these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, teamwork and inclusion, learn and adapt, excellence and innovation.
Don't meet every single requirement listed? At Fluidra, we thrive on building an inclusive workspace, so if you are excited about this role and your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may be just the right candidate for this role or another role in the organization. Fluidra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Fluidra recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristics.
Expected salary range is $110,000 - $150,000. Fluidra offers a comprehensive total rewards / benefits program that includes base salary, annual bonus based on performance of individual and company objectives, competitive 401K matching, paid vacation and sick time, full range of health benefits, educational assistance, etc. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience and location. Your recruiter will provide additional details on our compensation and total rewards program.