Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about understanding our users and their needs.
We are looking for an experienced researcher who is able to both apply mixed-methods research and also think in terms of research strategy while integrated within a cross-functional team. Reporting to the Director of User Research, the Senior User Researcher will play a key role in planning, strategizing, executing, and supporting user research and market research to reach informed business and design decisions. This is a great opportunity if you are looking to do hybrid user/market research at a larger scale to help deliver exceptional customer experiences for highly technical products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Strategize, plan, and execute both short-term and long-term research projects to answer business, marketing, and product questions
- Collaborate with others across the organization to define research objectives and hypotheses, identify gaps in knowledge, and acquire consensus on the problem to be researched
- Determine and refine the appropriate methodology and scope to answer research questions
- Quickly document and synthesize relevant high- and low-level findings for different audiences and generate actionable customer insights
- Facilitate group synthesis and foster shared understanding with the team and business partners
- Collaborate with marketers, product managers, designers, and engineers to prioritize roadmap changes and advocate for users' point of view
- Articulate research best practices (both qualitative and quantitative) and apply them appropriately to achieve effective results
- Partner with, and mentor others in how to conduct user research and/or market research
- Help support company-wide research initiatives
What You'll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Practical experience with technical products in a previous User Research, Customer Research, or Customer Insights role in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience running all aspects of research studies from start to finish and a desire to deepen your established research practice is required
- Ability to design a research study to eliminate biases
- Previous experience effectively combining qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
- Strongly identify with our brand and team culture
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a remote work environment
- Curiosity and an interest in learning new things
- Bonus: Background with relevant technology and/or Developer culture
Why You'll Like Working for DigitalOcean :
- We reward our employees . The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here