Flyhomes’ mission is to create the world’s best homebuying experience. We show our customers that buying or selling a home doesn’t have to feel complicated. With brokerage, mortgage, and closing offerings, our simplified approach helps buyers search, buy, and move in—all while saving time and money.
To make everything easier, we bring our local experts together, giving our customers a team of agents, research analysts, loan officers, and tour agents—all under one roof. In a complex housing market, we level the playing field by giving our qualified buyer the best chance to compete: we can create an exceptionally strong offer and back it with our cash. We help our customers buy with confidence and guarantee our experience. We also help guarantee funds for sellers.
Our approach is human-centered and when you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and take risks to build it. We look forward to connecting with you.
Our headquarters are in Seattle, WA. This role could be located in any state where we are operating. The current list is: Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, Illinois, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Utah and more to come!
What you’ll do
- You bring a passion for establishing user research best practices and process, as well as a desire to explore all facets of the real estate experience in order to improve it
- Plan and execute research studies, from discovery interviews to email surveys to card sorting
- Identify tooling, establish research goals and research questions
- Efficiently analyze qualitative and some potential quantitative data (emphasis on qualitative)
- Excellent data analysis skills leveraging different qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Apply insights to help inform product decisions and help the team establish our “north star”
- West Coast preferred (Seattle or Los Angeles); however, location is absolutely flexible
What you’ll bring
- Have a portfolio of work that shows your approach, process, and user research case studies demonstrating impact
- 5+ years industry experience as a User Experience Researcher, Design Researcher, and/or Information Architect with proven impact
- Passion for leveraging qualitative research to identify and solve user problems
- Strong partnership skills that allow you to connect and collaborate with our product managers, engineers, and company-wide stakeholders
- Strong interest in service design a plus and a desire to “zoom out” to understand the big picture
- Client Focus: You possess a passionate drive to delight our clients and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations
- Creativity and vision: You inject originality into your daily work. You think outside the box and are willing to take a risk to find the best solutions
- Analytical thinking: You are able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through design.
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common design goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together
Reinventing an industry takes work and we aim to recognize and champion the well being of our people professionally, financially, physically and mentally.
- Generous PTO
- 401K Matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Home Buying & Selling Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Casual Dress
- Professional Development Benefits
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Dog friendly HQ!