Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we're making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we're looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital.
About the role:
With founders who have design backgrounds, Design at Public is an organizational priority and a strategic differentiator. Our team partners to help uncover opportunities, generate possible solutions, and craft experiences. We leverage human-centered design practices and evidence to guide principle-based strategies and decisions, leading to the delivery of innovative experiences our members love - and help Public grow.
We’re looking for a collaborative Sr. Product Designer to play a critical role in shaping our product experience to support our mission to make the markets work for all people. This role is an exciting opportunity for a growth-minded, end-to-end product designer who wants to play a hands-on role in helping to deliver an innovative product experience through our next phase of growth.What you'll do:
- Work in partnership with your immediate team and cross-functional stakeholders to uncover areas of opportunity and help to shape a leading product experience end-to-end
- Deliver crafted design solutions and innovations that drive member and business outcomes
- Independently and in collaboration with our researchers, leverage discovery methodologies and feedback to make evidence-based design decisions
- Design multiple variations of new features and optimizations of existing features
- Contribute to evolving our design system and visual language
- Prioritize work based on the highest potential benefit and actively drive initiatives
- A collaborative and thoughtful teammate with a growth mindset
- An ambitious end-to-end designer capable of delivering from insight to execution
- A natural systems thinker adept at seeing and anticipating the interplay between differing areas of our experience
- Passionate for data-driven decision making and empathetic problem solving
- Committed to working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- An effective communicator across all levels and teams
- Comfortable prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Strong organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects concurrently
- Proven to thrive in iterative and collaborative environments
- Have education or experience leveraging HCD methods and current design tools such as Figma
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.