Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values (the guiding principles that reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right): In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We are looking for an outcomes-driven Senior Product Designer to help define our design strategy and elevate the customer experience. You will join a team that is customer-obsessed and passionate about improving the Human Interest experience for plan administrators, plan participants, and the internal teams that manage key parts of the customer journey. You’ll be part of a small but fast-growing close-knit team with many opportunities to lead and grow. This role reports into the Head of Product Design and works closely with cross-functional partners spanning Product, Engineering, and Marketing.
What you get to do every day
- Lead the next generation of the Human Interest product by delivering world-class product experiences that users love
- Solve complex problems with a deep understanding of our users and develop an expert-level understanding of multiple product areas, including operational, technical, and financial processes
- Tackle large, multi-faceted problem areas that require significant research, synthesis of ideas, and thought leadership in previously unexplored spaces
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging design solutions and product experiences and establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively across functions. Contribute to our culture of soliciting and giving feedback on a regular basis
- Help teams across the company use design thinking to solve customer problems beyond the scope of product development
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of experience as a product designer
- An insatiable appetite for problem-solving and love of fast-paced environments
- Experience leading large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills across various stakeholders including Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other teams
- Systems-level design thinking and a commitment to creating simple, elegant user experiences out of otherwise complex workflows
- Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of interaction design and user-centered experience design
- A portfolio featuring examples of best-in-class creative solutions that you’ve led and developed (please include a link to a personal website or portfolio)
- Bonus points for experience designing for both business and consumer SaaS products
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
The salary range for this role is between $150,000 - $180,000. This information reflects a base salary range for this position based on current market data, and may vary by location. Exact compensation will be determined by the candidates' skills, experience, and other relevant factors. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Employees also receive 100% paid employee health, vision, and dental premiums; dependent premiums are covered at 50%.
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies.
- Monthly work from home stipend; annual wellness stipend.
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech.
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company-wide offsites.
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $337M and are backed by leading investors, including TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures