Senior Product Designer at connectRN
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:30 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 25, 2022
connectRN is the leading nurse-centric platform that is reinventing the way nurses and other healthcare professionals are finding work. By leveraging technology, connectRN connects the nursing community to flexible work opportunities and each other to build a supportive and thriving network. The platform offers career development resources and flexible shift offerings for nurses, while alleviating staffing shortages at healthcare facilities. connectRN is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and serves clinicians across the U.S. To learn more about connectRN, please please visit www.connectrn.com.
We are looking to hire a Senior UX Designer to solve complex problems for facility and clinician users. Reporting directly to our Director of User Experience Design, this Senior UX Designer will contribute valuable, beautiful, and holistic experiences via discovery research, service design, product design, interaction design, and usability evaluation in an iterative, dynamic environment.
- Improve the lives of the true backbone of our healthcare system: nurses and aides
- Contribute to every step of the product development process with a diverse toolkit from whiteboarding, to wireframing, to high fidelity prototyping, to user testing
- Tell stories and facilitate collaboration to create empathy and uncover new ideas
- Discover new opportunities to make meaningful impact for our users and our own teams
- Satisfy your curiosity about our core users and their needs with insights from qualitative and quantitative research methods, while finding the balance between data-driven decision making and intuition.
- Influence and shape our own processes to ensure consistency, quality, and speed both for our users and ourselves
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineering, as well as many others from operations teams, to solve the right problems, and solve them right
- Evangelize human-centered practices to teams across the organization
- Evolve our holistic design system to ensure consistency, quality, and speed both for our users and ourselves
- Continuously develop your own skill-set and craft
- Strong experience working as a Product Designer / UX Designer for web and mobile products
- Skills in discovery research, service design, product design, interaction design, and usability evaluation
- A strong portfolio demonstrating knowledge of design thinking, process, user interface design, and interaction design
- Experience driving all aspects of the product design process from early problem definition to final interaction details and design QA of implemented features, alongside full-stack development teams
- Strong opinions, loosely held: you are opinionated but have a low ego — you push yourself and your team for the best possible outcome, and accept feedback and constructive criticism with humility
- A strong desire for collaboration with the ability to communicate and defend concepts to a multidisciplinary team
- A true belief that great products are not driven by a single person working in isolation but by multiple unique perspectives
- Pride of craftsmanship with a high personal bar for visual and microinteraction design quality and a keen eye for details and knowing when they matter
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Free gym and parking on-site
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or religious exemption.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.