Promenade (formerly Bloomnation) is a profitable startup backed by top Silicon Valley investors leading the charge to empower local businesses. A remote-first role with HQ in the heart of Santa Monica, the team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join a growing Product organization that’s changing the way local commerce is done.
In this role, you’ll contribute to all phases of the product development lifecycle, from strategy to discovery to delivery and beyond. You’ll work closely with product and engineering to build new experiences and visuals across multiple product lines, including for consumer and B2B applications.
The ideal candidate is hands-on and equally comfortable with high-level exploration and tactical solutions that support the product roadmap and meet user needs. You’re able to understand the big picture and quickly produce a minimal viable product for the first iteration. You should be a problem-solver, comfortable finding solutions that fit our business needs while meeting engineering constraints. You’ll be a great fit if you’re passionate about design and want to empower local business growth.
- Conduct competitive analysis, user research, and discovery to inform and validate design solutions
- Produce intuitive, responsive experiences for consumer and enterprise applications
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering to ideate, build, and ship high-quality work that drives business value within technical constraints
- Create visuals (email templates, site images, etc.) to support product marketing
- Own and make design decisions based on a deep understanding of user-centered design principles; you know when to follow existing paradigms and when to break them
- Assist with formulating and managing our product design roadmap and project planning
- Regularly give and receive feedback on designs and strategic product decisions
- Help drive continuous improvement in team performance and design quality
- At least 4 years experience working as a UX / UI Product Designer in a software company
- Experience designing digital experiences for consumer and enterprise products
- Portfolio showcasing functional and visually compelling work
- Experience applying user research methodologies and product data to inform design decisions
- Strong communicator who can effectively use storytelling to bring ideas to life
- Deep understanding of Responsive Design
- Proficiency in with standard design and prototyping tools, such as Figma, Miro, Sketch, and Invision, and Creative Suite
- Ability to be efficient and organized while working on multiple projects simultaneously
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote Product & Engineering teams with ability to work beachside in Santa Monica HQ for collaboration
- $130,000-$145,000 annual salary
- Equity/Stock options in a profitable and rapidly growing company
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage + 401k
- Growth-oriented organization, including opportunities for career training and advancement
- Experience working in eCommerce
*Not open to recruiters or agencies at this time*
More about us - Promenade
Promenade is a mission-driven company empowering local businesses with products and services that allow them to thrive online and offline. We build vertically-focused software catered to each industry we serve, leveling the playing field between the small business and large aggregators. Promenade was originally founded in 2011 as BloomNation, the nation’s premier network for local florists, disrupting the multi-billion dollar floral industry. After helping thousands of local florists across the country, we doubled down on our mission and began helping more small businesses who carried the same challenges of acquiring and retaining their own customers. Today, Promenade creates software for four industries - Floral (BloomNation), Food (Dig-in), Beverage (Swigg), and Breweries (Bevv). The company is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Backed by premier industry investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.)
Named one of Entrepreneur’s “5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch”
Located one block away from the beach on the world-famous 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica
Why join Promenade?
If you want a front-row seat in seeing a company disrupt a massive industry and you love the idea of helping hardworking business owners that serve our local communities and neighborhoods, this is your place. At Promenade, everyone has a voice to create change and move the needle. No hierarchy, no bureaucracy, no politics...just real people working on solving real problems.