Meraki is paving the way to make Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hospitals to corporations operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have networks that simply work.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in simplifying the experience for networking and IT products and professionals. As a Senior Designer at Meraki, you will:
- Lead UX projects and own the design of a product area or cross-product features. Working with partners in Product Management and Engineering, you will identify the right problems to solve and use design methods to choose and iterate on solutions.
- Work to understand the complex needs of IT administrators, help set a vision for the product grounded in those needs, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to build it iteratively.
- Mentor other members of the design team and help shape the team’s processes and practices.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on cultivating the growth and development of our people. We value collaboration. We give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
While our team’s primary focus is on software, we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.Responsibilities:
- Lead design efforts that reduce friction and increase satisfaction and loyalty of our customer base.
- Design products: identify the right problems to solve, run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, make hi-fi visuals.
- Iterate based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to define problems and explore solutions. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present persuasively. Be able to tell the story of a project and to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Advocate for prioritization of design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
- Evangelize the impact of design with business partners.
- Mentor other designers and contribute to team processes and practices.
- Designed solutions for complex domains and workflows, understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable.
- Shipped well-crafted and elegant designs.
- Established relationships with product teams (including engineering and product management), grew their understanding of design, and worked cross-functionally to define and prioritize problems.
- Curiosity to understand user needs behind feature requests.
- Balanced exploring a space and developing a vision with shipping often and iteratively.
- Worked with developers to understand trade-offs and to ensure that the details are done right.
- 6+ years of experience.
- Established, documented, and/or evolved a design system.
- UX research skills.
- Familiarity with agile principles, project management methodologies and tools.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Please include a link to your online portfolio.
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, less than a 5-minute walk from the Chase Center and with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every single day, and a generous benefits package.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.