Senior Product Designer (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The Senior Product Designer will own providing our customers with a flawless user experience. The ideal candidate will quickly understand our space and the problems we’re trying to solve. You have experience defining design processes. You will provide seamless, intuitive solutions, consistently iterating and validating designs, honing your work to high-quality deliverables. You follow through on features post-launch, always looking for opportunities to improve them further. You understand the big picture and you can communicate and action the necessary next steps to achieve that production vision.
As the designer for our Platform Core and Automations squads, you'll be responsible for leading the design of our most advanced and complex product areas. On Platform Core, this includes owning the admin experience around setting up the data structure, permission sets, security and audit logs. On Automations, you’ll be responsible for leading the design of our advanced workflow builder, business rules and our unique queues and routing functionality. Overall, being a Senior Product Designer on the Platform squads means having direct influence and impact on the backbone of our product.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the problems we’re trying to solve in the Customer Experience space
- Designing solutions that are intuitive, clean, and effective to achieve our business goals and meet the needs of users
- Planning and conducting user research to make data-driven design decisions to improve the product and provide ROI
- Creating alignment on design decisions across the design, product, engineering, and executive teams
- Proactively improving and polishing existing designs, promoting consistency, and improving workflows
- Delivering complete, consistent results while setting a rigorous schedule for yourself and your peers
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- You have 4+ years of hands-on UX/UI/Product design experience solving complex user problems backed with research. Experience designing for B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a definite plus.
- You think critically about the end users’ experience and you are capable of providing simple, effective solutions
- You are a problem-solver who can break down complexity into its component parts
- You create elegant, functional designs that live up to “pixel-perfect” standards
- You have created consumer facing products
- Expertise in developing and managing a robust design system and/or library of reusable components
- You can communicate your ideas and designs in a clear, concise way that creates buy-in from stakeholders
- You are deeply inquisitive, always asking questions and eager to learn more
- You have a solid work ethic and you’re willing to put in the time to make our product great
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.