Senior Interaction Designer (E-Commerce) at Rightpoint (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint is looking for a Senior/Lead Interaction Designer for our commerce group. As a Senior/Lead Interaction Designer, you have a strong background in visual design and commerce user experience. You also have a passion for evolving the customer experience for B2C and B2B brands. We offer an opportunity to work on cutting edge designs that shape the future of digital commerce. You’ll report into the Commerce Design Director and work closely with other interaction designers, front-end and back-end engineers, business analysts, digital strategists, and QA analysts.
If you believe that design is at the heart of the best commerce experiences and that there is no better way to bring stories to life, we want to talk with you. This is an opportunity to work on high profile work defining the future of digital experiences from automotive to apps to websites. If you would like to surround yourself with people that share the same passion for design and exploration, please see how you align with the needs listed below.
What you’ll be doing and the impact you’ll make:
- As a Senior/Lead Interaction Designer at Rightpoint you are responsible for translating ideas and concepts into easy-to-use and engaging commerce solutions that convert
- Contribute to an award-winning portfolio of work
- Collaborate with the client and internal team to take a project from concept to completion
- Audit existing commerce experiences and provide recommendations that increase conversion rates
- Collaborate with the digital strategist to redesign the information architecture and sitemap
- Develop wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate the user experience and functionality
- Design hi-fidelity user interfaces that follow existing visual brand guidelines and ADA compliance best practices
- Collaborate with the Business Analyst and Engineers to define functionality and execute your UI/UX vision
- Perform quality assurance testing to identify UI/UX design flaws across multiple browsers and devices and work with the engineering team to resolve them
- Collaborate with the project team to produce the following deliverables: creative brief, style tile, site map, wireframes, functional specs, hi-fidelity design, UI pattern library, etc.
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior designers
- Contribute to internal process improvements
What we’d love to see:
- A portfolio that showcases your commerce design experience and demonstrates your process
- 3+ years’ experience in a combination of both visual design and user experience
- In depth knowledge of commerce best practices and designing for conversion
- Ability to think conceptually and create and/or take direction and bring it to life
- Strong visual design skills with a strong level of understanding of modern tools and techniques (e.g., Adobe XD and Sketch)
- Pixel-perfect design sensibility and a deep understanding of typography
- A full understanding of foundational design best practices
- Great communication and time-management skills
- Experience with mid-size to enterprise level B2C and B2B commerce brands preferred
- Must be a team player with a willingness to help and learn to foster an environment of growth
It’s also great if you have:
• Agency experience
• Additional design education such as certificates, workshops or internships
• Basic understanding of front-end development
• 5+years in a related field—Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience with commerce platforms such as Optimizely, Commerce Tools, SiteCore, Magento/Adobe Commerce and/or Shopify Plus
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.