Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is growing faster than ever, and has an opportunity for a Senior Design Ops Program Manager to join our design operations team, Design Hub. The Design Hub team is a cross-disciplinary design operations team focused on enabling more effective designers and a more efficient Experience Design org. We own the operationalizing, optimizing, and scaling of design by designing systems, practices, and tools that drive operational and craft excellence.
Reporting to the Design Ops Manager, this person will own critical initiatives for the Support Experiences team, a passionate team of service and product designers. As a Senior Design Ops Program Manager you will establish processes and practices to scale the effectiveness and value of the team. You will help the broader team reinforce customer empathy, build long-term strategies and roadmaps, establish feedback and learning loops, and measure outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you'll be a big picture problem solver while also immersed in the details across every aspect of our engagements. You will understand how a large-scale business operates and be able to hold your own in high-level, high-stakes, strategic decision-making sessions. You will inspire and energize cross-functional teams to achieve user-centered outcomes, define our strategy, improve the customer support experience, and see opportunities to work better and deliver value to our internal and external customers.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might just be the person we're looking for.
As the Senior Design Operations Program Manager, you will:
- Within the design operations function, share practices, frameworks, and operating models back with the team to drive larger org-wide adoption, and vice versa
- Scope, define, and manage ongoing programs, drive communications, build partnerships, as well as coordinate team resourcing (capacity planning, staffing etc)
- Be accountable for your team’s outcomes, performance, and health
- Lead and serve as a central point of contact for partner, stakeholder, and sponsor interactions, communication, and expectations
- Work across the organization and company to drive outcomes and mitigate risk
- Work alongside designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, and operate fluently across business units to manage business partners.
- Run productive, effective meetings with agendas, notes, clear action items
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6-8 years of design operations or program management experience
- Strong foundation in design practices and methodologies
- Ability to encourage your team to understand business needs, solve customer problems, and deliver measurable outcomes and impact
- Significant experience in strategy and program delivery, alignment across a matrix team environment, and global change management
- Proven ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening
- Experience leading a team in defining and driving success measures across a program and a portfolio
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to facilitate alignment between partners, processes, and systems to support the creation of cohesive and delightful customer experiences. Specifically, the Support Experience Team (SXP) are stewards of the service design practice. We invite multi-disciplinary collaborators to work alongside our team to help build deep empathy with our users, connect the end-to-end experience of our customers, and ensure our Atlassian teams are armed with the people, process, and tools to deliver best-in-class support services.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.